PDA

View Full Version : ? on Quintrex Hornet Trophy

slatz
20-08-2005, 01:21 PM
I am in the process of selling my Seafarer V Sea 1989 hull, 200 75hp merc. i just dont fish outside much anymore. I have been looking at the 434 Hornet Trophy tiller steer, and the 445 side console. The aim to fish the rivers, and large lakes ie Eucumbene, Glenbawn. My concern is the hull, looks fantastic for smooth water or light chop, buy what about a bad day on Eucumbene or Glenbawn where it can become fairly wild. Anyone had any bad experiences in this hull. My fishing focus now is live baiting jew, but mainly fishing soft plastics for bream, flatty and bass. Also, I still want to be able to pull the kids around on their kneeboard and tube. Will that hull handle it?

bazz
23-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I have just sold my hornet trophy 435 with 50 four stroke elec, side consul,you name it it had it. the reason i sold it was that i had a heart attack and could not push it up the drive way into the back yard. The boat will handle almost any thing that i have been caught out in. it was avery dry boat in 15-20 knots, the only water that came in was from the wind spray, this was the best boat i have owned for what you want to fish for, it is very stable at rest, and fly's with 4 onboard. Hope this helps all the best bazz. :)

bazz
23-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I have just sold my hornet trophy 435 with 50 four stroke, elec, side consul,you name it it had it. the reason i sold it was that i had a heart attack and could not push it up the drive way into the back yard. The boat will handle almost any thing that i have been caught out in. it was avery dry boat in 15-20 knots, the only water that came in was from the wind spray, this was the best boat i have owned for what you want to fish for, it is very stable at rest, and fly's with 4 onboard. Hope this helps all the best bazz. :)
ps check out my boat in the for sale's

DNO40
23-08-2005, 12:37 PM
I have the 4.75 HORNET TROPHY and have had no problems with it. they certainly have no trouble towing the kids around behind.

As for weather conditions they are one of the driest boats I have ver been in. they do slap hard in the water if the tide wind and chop are against you but most boats do.

I have been in some rough water but if you drive to suit the conditions you will have no problems.

A very stable boat that handles well and has the versatility to handle or do most things.

May I suggest you take one for a test drive and let it speak for itself.