PDA

View Full Version : Blue Chart

bj
23-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Can anyone tell me how the Garmin Blue Chart compares with C-Map, as I am thinking of getting a new G.P.S. for a planned trip up the Qld coast. Thank you.

Pedro
24-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I have both and prefer the blue chart anyday,a lot more information and you can overzoom in more than you can with c-map.
Cheers
Pedro

westie
24-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree.... Blue Charts are the way to go. C-Map great if you want to hook up to a pilot and GPS and have all the bells and whistles and empty the wallet but to do anything in it is a pain. Blue Charts dead easy.

finding_time
24-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Blue chart

Its just sooo easy. Redraws nice and fast on zoom

bj
24-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks for your replies, looks like the Blue Chart is the way that I'm going.

cooky
25-08-2005, 09:49 AM
quick question - do blue charts and c-map fit the same plotters? or are they brand specific?

propdinger
25-08-2005, 06:22 PM
i have just bought a garmin 172c with the blue chart card and must say after using a cmap nt+ the blue map makes things so much easier to read and alot more info. i have the east coast map and that cost less than what the cmap did and it covers about 8000miles more

cheers
jeff

Smithy
25-08-2005, 07:21 PM
What about Navonics? Haven't had anything to do with Blue charts yet but Navonics crap all over C-Map. Wouldn't take much for anything to be better than C-map as a matter of fact.

finding_time
26-08-2005, 11:11 AM
What about Navonics? #Haven't had anything to do with Blue charts yet but Navonics crap all over C-Map. #Wouldn't take much for anything to be better than C-map as a matter of fact. #

Iv'e done a bit of work with all the systems and as far as the rec fisherman goes blue chart is just so uncomplicated and easy to use.
And agree that navonics is way better than c-map but blue chart for me anyday.
Ian

cyclone
27-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Cooky Bluechart is brand specific it's a Garmin product. C-map and Navionics are sofware only used in various brand name plotter. Bj I have used all the above and agree Bluechart is best overall product and the eastcoast chart gives huge coverage for small $ with the bonus of having all GBRMP boundries and information displayed.
Andrew.