PDA

View Full Version : Seajay project help ?????????

landy1
27-08-2005, 04:20 PM
G'day all
Im after your collective wisdom. ive seen a couple of older seajay? i think tinnies being dragged around by grey nomads that look like a brilliant project hull. Theyre a 4.75 ish v punt type hull with a chunky little almost vertical section immediately below the front deck at the leading edge of the hull and a pod on the stern. Can anyone out there give me a name for this particular brand of hull or better yet a picture so i know if im barking up the right tree. I remember them being a big deal in barra rigs a few years back now but im stuffed if i can remember what they were.
cheers
Mick

Big_Kev
27-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Can't help with the boat bit Mick sorry, but i just wanted to say Gday.
Are you still at the Isa?
Cheers Kev. ;)

Foxie
27-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Mick
I think it could be a Seajay Nomad have a look in www.seajayboats.com.au

Cheers Foxie

landy1
27-08-2005, 07:55 PM
G'day Kev
Yep still in the Isa, will be until March/April next year. Dont know yet where we're headed next, good chance it'll be back to Brissy and more M & G's. Cant let you guys drink all the green death :o. Im still trying to crack the metre plus barra up here. I entered the club with some queenies and ive got a trip to Karumba coming up in February to help me with the rest of the species list.
Now ive just got to figure out this boat hull cause the old edgetrackers running on borrowed time (bilge pumps are a good thing).
cheers
Mick

landy1
27-08-2005, 07:59 PM
G'day Foxie
Ive tried trawling throught he seajay web site but the hull im thinking off was likely discontinued up to ten years ago. Ive sent an e-mail to a seajay dealer hoping theyll respond. I just wish i had my camera on me when i saw this rig, it has so much potential for what i want to do. Thanks for the tip though.
cheers
Mick

landy1
27-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Rightio,
I knew i had seen one somewhere. Fitzy has a custom Sea Jay that is the same hull just his is one big serious mofo of a boat :D
Apparently a barra punt is the name must be the older style as they currently only offer <4m versions. Anyone know where i can track down a 4.75m version.
cheers
Mick