PDA

View Full Version : Mildew

bj
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Thought I'd give the tinny a clean up today, when I had a good look at the canopy I couldn't believe how much mildew was on the canopy. I tried everything that I had at home and went to the supermarket and got mildew remover but no good. Has anyone got any idea how to get rid of it?

bevnarch
06-09-2005, 09:43 PM
hi bj had the same problem a while ago ended up taking it off , headed off to the local car wash and and hit it with the hot wash...came up a treat ,,,,,,,,,,every few weeks i spray on some bleach and it hasnt been back .......arch :)

bidkev
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Bleach, plain and simple. Same with the shower...forget those fancy cleaners, they're all basd on bleach anyway.

cheers

kev

Bosunsmate
06-09-2005, 11:21 PM
I have a bimni and make up a solution of NapiSan and hot water. Spray it on with a garden sprayer and leave for a few of minutes, then give it a scrub with a deck scrubber and hose off....... make sure you get it all off and leave the top open all day in the sun to dry properly if you can.

If you use exit mold or like products make sure you scrub it well and hose it all off, the solution can cause the stitching to rot after a while due to some of the commercial grade ingredients they use.

My routine after a trip is
1. Spray the canopy with the napisan solution and let it sit while I flush OB,
2. Spray canopy with water and scrub with soft brush
3. Wash down hull etc,
4. Hose of everything until clean water runs off,
5. Leave canopy up till totaly dry, and
6. Pack canopy into envelope.

Hope this is some help...

bj
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the replies, I used the nappysan[bleach] scrubbed the canopy with a small brush and blasted it off with the pressure hose and it came up very good,left it in the sun for the day to dry out and it looks like new again. Thanks all.

Bosunsmate
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Glad to be of help...... 8-)