PDA

View Full Version : JBS Centre Cabin

fishyjoe
05-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

I was looking for any feedback (good, bad or ugly) in relation to a JBS marine centre cabin.

I have read a few articles about this particular boat but they seem to be from the same person.

Any Corrospondence will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Joe

David_P
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Have heard they don't ride as good as they say, and also know a bloke who got one recently with a few "issues". Not necessarilly major, but do you want any when getting a boat built? I'm a bit biased I guess, but I'd recommend a Fisher over the JBS :D

Dave.

fishyjoe
06-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks Dave,

I appreciate the feedback.

Are the Fisher boats competitive when it comes to price?

I had a quote from JBS and a 6mt centre cab with 115 4stroke will set me back around the $45000 mark

Joe

David_P
06-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Joe,

You'd be best off giving Col a call at Fisher Boats (34080722) to discuss price. $45k for a 6m boat sounds pretty good though, but I'd be looking for a bigger motor than a 115. My boat is 6.6 LOA, with a 200hp. Also, the bloke I know with the JBS had a 90 fitted to a 4.8m boat, so you're not getting much more power for a much larger boat.

Like I said earlier, I am definately biased toward the Fisher, but I think the old saying of "you get what you pay for" is one to keep in mind.

Dave.

revs57
06-09-2005, 09:16 AM
G'day Joe,

Have to agree with Dave, a 115 on a 6mt platey will mean you're ringing its neck most of the time. I've just worked the whole process through and have decided to go with a Rip Tide 6mt Cuddy (approx 6.6 including pod). Check them out at www.riptidealloyboats.com.au I'll be powering it with a 150 efi merc and I think you'd find Dave's boats very competively priced too. Nothing against the JBS, they've been around for a while, a mate of mine has a 6.5 mt Rip Tide super console job (not quite a centre cab) powered with a 175 Yam and its a real weapon...no bad habits, brilliant ride and convinced me. Good luck

Rhys

Heath
06-09-2005, 01:14 PM
I've never heard any bad words about JBS. Just as shame that when I asked to have a run in one, all they offered me was the numbers of a few customers to try & scam a test run in........ YEAH RIGHT! :(

JB
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
The old saying of you get what u pay for is dead set correct IMO, i'm with Dave. If you cant afford a quality boat at 6 meters , why not go for a 5.5m with a smaller donk. That may allow you to get the better quality even if its a touch smaller.

Better off with a smaller one that works than a big one that is nothing but trouble.

fishyjoe
07-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Thanks Guys,

I went back over the paper work and the 115hp was with the 5.5mt the 6mt had a 140hp, my mistake! :(

Either way I will look at both the fisher and riptide boats.

I thank you all for your input and would just like to add what a bonus this forum is. :)

I am still interested to hear about anyones thoughts on different centre cabs.

Thanks

Joe

damons33
07-09-2005, 07:51 AM
look at the haines 6m classic. 150 verado
;)
damon

revs57
09-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Damo...

You sure know how to kill a post!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I'm not sure if you realised it...this is a platey discussion ;) ;) ;)

Maybe Ausfish should consider a separte forum for dedicated platey people with a sign on the front door....No FGlass allowed!!!! ;D ;D ;D

just kidding 8-)

Rhys

Sportfish_5
09-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Revs - Damon owns a JBS so he is best qualified to comment ;)

The bigger JBS look fine to me - Cliff Joshua is an icon in the plate boat industry and I believe everything has been sorted with the sons now so go for it.

Would still have a good look around Bribie way before you pull the trigger though :P

Cheers

Greg

revs57
09-09-2005, 09:54 AM
ooops :-? talk about open the mouth to change feet...sorry Damo...i missed the irony in the post. thanks Greg for straightening that out...just as well I was only kidding...