PDA

View Full Version : She's home

bidkev
07-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Sole Searching is home. Need to make a stand-off bracket for the targa to hold off the doonah when I wrap her up for the night. Hope she isn't too uncomfortable till then. Hope she doesn't slide out of bed ;D

bidkev
07-09-2005, 08:34 PM
No more wet :D

Brejen
07-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Nice Kev, real nice. Congrates to you and the family mate and enjoy her. MAte what about getting her wet Sunday down the Pin with us on the Goldie mini M&G..

Brett

CAn't beleive your online and not out sitting in her. Prob got the laptop with wireless in it to hey. ;)

bidkev
07-09-2005, 08:36 PM
That council peg :-/

2iar
07-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Congratulations Kev,

She's a beauty. That driveway was made for her, never mind what the council might say :D

I'm sure you & the family will have many happy days in her.

Just give me a yell when you want my opinion on how she handles :D

Good luck,
Mike

Bosunsmate
07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Very nice looking rig Kev,

Conrats to you and yours, hope its nice 'n' warm down there for your 1st night on her, at least you'll be dry with all them pavers under her keel....... #:D

Seriously, hope you have many many years happy boating & fishing......

Graeme

bidkev
07-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Nice Kev, real nice. Congrates to you and the family mate and enjoy her. MAte what about getting her wet Sunday down the Pin with us on the Goldie mini M&G..

Brett

CAn't beleive your online and not out sitting in her. Prob got the laptop with wireless in it to hey. ;)

The deckie's working mate :'( I must've missed the thread regarding the M&G, where's it happening and I'll see if I can get down.

Tried sitting in her this arvo but Jeez, it was hot under that black stuff :D better last years colours though, this years have 'em with white top and sides.......wouldn't stay clean fer long with my mob :D

cheers

kev

roz
07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Very nice boat Kev, you have heaps of great days out on the water to look forward to now ey.

Cheers Roz

Brejen
07-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Mate the Mini M&G.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124874909/0

Brett.

Be good to finally meet up. Hope to see ya.

Angla
07-09-2005, 09:02 PM
That looks like it was made to fit the front.
When you turn into the street you can see why you bought it as the smile grows on your face. :)
I take it the rest of the street are not NVS yet but they will be once they get an eyefull and see you taking it out all the time.
Just to keep them on the friendly side you could offer them the odd vermin every now and then.

Smile away :)

Angla

blaze
07-09-2005, 09:18 PM
nice
but
have you nominated the first sandbar you are going to polish the prop on.
never toooooooo old Kev
enjoy
cheers
blaze

saphire
07-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow absolutely beautiful,
I bet the whole street is excited for you.
Congulations Kev and all your family :)

bidkev
07-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Mate the Mini M&G.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1124874909/0

Brett.

Be good to finally meet up. Hope to see ya.

Yeah Brett. Never gave it a thought to look at the going fishing board as I wasn't planning on going fishing with having no rig ;D

I'll keep my eye on what you all eventually agree to but if it's tipplers then I can't drive down there in the Paj can I? ;D

cheers

kev

ahjayem
07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Great looking boat, Kev.

Go for it!

Tightlines,

RJM

philip_thomson
07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
wow thats a beautiful boat. atleast its no winter and she wont be to cold outside. [smiley=beer.gif] heres to many good catches of vermin on her. or are you going o try and catch "real" fish in her?

cheers phil

skippa
07-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Nice looking ride Kev, :)

Sunday trip down the coast would be a nice way to break her in, so to speak.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

2DKnBJ
07-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Kev
I bet you can fit the new rig in the garage.But then if it was my rig i would be leaving it on the driveway for everyone else in the street to drool over as well :P :P
Mate.Very nice indeed.
Cheers and Enjoy
Dazza

noluck
08-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Congratulations Kev
very nice boat i wish u all the best mate
cheers no_uck

Fishinmishin
08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif].
Look out vermin....Kev is back ;).
Cheers, Jay

szopen
08-09-2005, 01:56 AM
I really honestly wish you to be happy with the boat.
You deserve it.

And as the custom is in the place I'm from I wish you:
Break your rods when fishing of it!!!!

revs57
08-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Yeah good on ya Kev...and congrats to you and the deckie! What a lovely Rig. The Sea Legend has gotta be the pick of the Whittleys and I love the name and the story behind it...the folks would be proud too I'm sure

May you have many hours of ownership pride and cleaning up ;D after a hectic session...what a lovely Rig...I think I said that already ::)

Rhys

DICER
08-09-2005, 06:20 AM
what an excellent boat and she looks great - now you'll be able to make a fast smooth trip out and back to your favorite vermin spots and bag out on them... ;D

have fun!!

Black_Rat
08-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Nice one Kev, #:D

Look forward to seeing her down at the Pin sometime soon !

Damo.

megafish71
08-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Very nice Kev, It will be a shane to see it only catching vermin ;D.
Just kidding mate, hope it serves you and the family well.

Cheers Ron

bugman
08-09-2005, 08:10 AM
Kev,

A white shoe lay-about - well I never.

Enjoy the great rig

Brett

StevenM
08-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Congrats Kev,

Where are ya at the moment, ahh we all know, you are sitting in it now. Look I think you have a laptop? run a bloody lead out to the boat (phone and power) get on line and then you will be happy. Ausfish and new boat all at once.

Enjoy

Cheers Steven

bidkev
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone, for all your best wishes.

Brett, yeah, you're right. I never thought I'd live to see the day. I go out looking at a bar crusher and come back with this. Still, if that's what the deckie wants, who am I to disagree ;D

Ron, Dicer, with my luck/skill. you're probably right :D

Jay, Tony, the vermin are safe for the time being, I still haven't got a vehicle to pull her with yet.

Phil., I've been trying to catch "real fish" since I came to Oz, I've had the *odd* moment, but hopefully, those moments will now increase :D

Angla, Do you pass down my street?

Blaze, I've polished many a prop in my time, and I don't suppose this rig will be any different. Just cost me a few more bob next time, that's all :'(

cheers

kev

bidkev
08-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Steven, looks like I'll be in it all day. Lost all my bloody GPS marks and have to punch 'em all back in again........can't let those vermin off the hook.

Actually, I think that can wait, I'm off to look at some vehicles today......just can't make my mind up atm. Some nice imports around...(Safaris) low mileage and nice prices but I'm told by a few people that the mileage could be iffy. Perhpas I should let the deckie decide......she's ok when it comes to boats ;D

cheers

kev

SCOTTYGC
08-09-2005, 11:31 AM
kev
you and pinhead can anchor up down at wavebreak and talk about the lastest in safari suits and white shoes while sipping a charddy

good onya
great boat
have fun

scotty

MIKOS
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Kingtin,

Youll now have to change your name to kingglass. ;DI hope you have many comfortable nights out on that beast.

MIKOS

Whiley_Whiting
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
kingtin - nice rig, must be happy with it !! what hp is she packing?? will be interested in knowing the fuel consumption that she uses on the first big trip !!

congrats !!

StevenM
08-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Kev,

After the great job mrs kingtin did in picking the boat, I would definitly be letting her pick the car. You might end up with a 3500 Series Dodge Ram.

Cheers Steven

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
08-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Good onya Kev she's BEAUTIFUL!!
The very best to you, Bridget and family.

Dave and Sue

PinHead
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
kev
you and pinhead can anchor up down at wavebreak and talk about the lastest in safari suits and white shoes while sipping a charddy

good onya
great boat
have fun

scotty

You got is Scotty...Kev and I..sipping and watching...all GC plebs in their tinnies..damn that would be hard to take..LOL
(Just remember Scotty..I scoot around in a tinnie also )

Onya Kev..nice boat mate.

bidkev
08-09-2005, 04:07 PM
kingtin - nice rig, must be happy with it !! what hp is she packing?? will be interested in knowing the fuel consumption that she uses on the first big trip !!

congrats !!

Thanks mate. It's a mercruiser 4.3mpi 220hp. The blurb they gave me said 14liters per hour at 2,500 revs but only time will tell. IO used to run the 2 stroke 70 yammy at about 4800 and that would cost me 60 litres to moreton and back so I don't think she can do much worse than that. Mind you, there used to be 7 on board.

cheers

kev

bidkev
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
[quote author=SCOTTYGC link=1126089085/20#28 date=1126143092]<snip>

Not as nice as yours, yer bugger ;) Oh! While I'm at it, none of those wanky plasttic wine glasses while we're down at wavebreak, only crystal from now on ;D

cheers

kev

MIKOS
08-09-2005, 04:14 PM
LOL, ;D

sipping champagne in crystal glasses.Be carefull the coastgusrd doestnt see you in that machine especially while anchored next to pinhead.Could be a few dawn raids happening.Look out Miami Vice.Don Johnson eat your heart out.

MIKOS ;D

frankj
08-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Very nice Rig Kev.
Open's up a whole new fishing and leisure scene.
You'll have some great times with the family.

Cheers
Frank

Cheech
08-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Good one kev. Are you still going to chase fish up the pine? Bet you do.

You will have to rig up a bolt on casting deck on the bow so you can throw a cast net.

Or a tender???

Another good ramp for a boat like yours as long as it is not low tide is Clontarf. Have you tried it? Has sand. Just stick to the sea sode of the ramp. I use it whenever I go to Morton.

I flush at the ramp as well, as there are a couple of taps around.

Cheech

bidkev
08-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Good one kev. Are you still going to chase fish up the pine? Bet you do.

You will have to rig up a bolt on casting deck on the bow so you can throw a cast net.

Or a tender???

Another good ramp for a boat like yours as long as it is not low tide is Clontarf. Have you tried it? Has sand. Just stick to the sea sode of the ramp. I use it whenever I go to Morton.

I flush at the ramp as well, as there are a couple of taps around.

Cheech

Yeah Cheech, I'm going to be looking for a little tinny for the Pine, can't see me chucking a cast net off the Whittley :-)

Yes, I'm going to be having a look at clontarf. I looked a few years ago and I noticed that it was pretty muddy and there were quite a few loose rocks lying around but I've been told that these have since been moved.

cheers

kev

Mr__Bean
09-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Well done Kev,

You should be proud, it looks magnificent.

Hope it is well secured, looks a little bit vulnerable out the front, thought about wheel clamps and coupling locks etc?

- Darren

PinHead
09-09-2005, 04:42 AM
[quote author=SCOTTYGC link=1126089085/20#28 date=1126143092]<snip>

Not as nice as yours, yer bugger ;) Oh! While I'm at it, none of those wanky plasttic wine glasses while we're down at wavebreak, only crystal from now on ;D

cheers

kev

crystal huh ? and I suppose you want Waterford stamped on them also.

familyman
09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
And pastel coloured gucci yachting clobber with matching ray-bans to go with the champers and crystal glasses ;)
Seriously nice boat Kev ,you wont get something as good looking as that in tin.
congrats to you and the clan ;D
cheers jon

bidkev
09-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Well done Kev,

You should be proud, it looks magnificent.

Hope it is well secured, looks a little bit vulnerable out the front, thought about wheel clamps and coupling locks etc?

- Darren

Yeah Darren. I've gpt a coupling lock but can't find out who supplies wheel clamps. I'm also making a pressure pad so that if anyone steps inside an alarm goes off. Once the Doonah is on, I don'yt think that'll be a problem though.

cheers

kev

bidkev
09-09-2005, 07:44 AM
[quote author=PinHead link=1126089085/40#41 date=1126204936

<snip>
crystal huh ? and I suppose you want Waterford stamped on them also.
[/quote]

Preferably, but I could be persuaded to slum it once in a while ;)

cheers

kev

Sportfish_5
09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Kev - Lookin good 8-)

Whats the first target species that will blood the carpet ::)

All the best with her and hope she brings lots of happy memories.

Cheers

Greg

bidkev
09-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Kev - Lookin good #8-)

Whats the first target species that will blood the carpet #::)

All the best with her and hope she brings lots of happy memories.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks Greg, haven't made my mind up inregards to first blood. The deckie says catty, the kids prefer shovelly but I'm not spending all that money to chase them.....think I'l; go for something exotic like eel or leatherjacket ;)

kev

cooky
09-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah Darren. I've gpt a coupling lock but can't find out who supplies wheel clamps. I'm also making a pressure pad so that if anyone steps inside an alarm goes off. Once the Doonah is on, I don'yt think that'll be a problem though.

i wouldn't worry about the wheel clamp - you want to make it as easy as possible to hitch it up and go for a run. Quality tow hitch lock, boat cover, and insurance should set your mind at ease a little. I also make sure I park the wife or my car behind the boat most of the time. Boat cover stops opportunists (good idea).

I live in a good area with very little crime and yet (I park boat similar to yours) I lost my Evacool esky and large tackle box to mongrels (they obviously grabbed what they could reach without actually getting IN the boat - standing on trailer wheels covers.

PinHead
09-09-2005, 10:15 AM

i wouldn't worry about the wheel clamp - you want to make it as easy as possible to hitch it up and go for a run. #Quality tow hitch lock, boat cover, and insurance should set your mind at ease a little. #I also make sure I park the wife or my car behind the boat most of the time. #Boat cover stops opportunists (good idea).

I live in a good area with very little crime and yet (I park boat similar to yours) I lost my Evacool esky and large tackle box to mongrels (they obviously grabbed what they could reach without actually getting IN the boat - standing on trailer wheels covers.

You park your wife behind the boat..not sure she would appreciate staying out there for too long..hehe

straddie
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Kev, Kev, Kev, you just had to go and do it didn't ya

I expect to see many a fishing report coming from you, and would like the first to be how you blooded her, preferably with a big black king. :)

She is one purdy boat, you just make certain the tribe wipes their feet before you give them permission to come aboard ;D

A little more on what Cooky was saying, tackle and electronics will be the more likely target for thieves. I would recommend good sensor security lighting so anyone approaching the sides or rear of the boat gets lit up.

Assuming my bestest devils stance ::) (sorry but I have to do it, I have a pet hate of people being ripped off when it can be avoided)

Read your insurance policy and make sure you will be covered, and/or phone them and explain your specific (boat position) situation to be sure. Insurers are increasingly refusing claims on technicalities, and there is too much money sitting there only to find you aren't covered if they decide your boat in their opinion is sitting on the footpath and therefore not covered under your policy.

PinHead
09-09-2005, 01:53 PM
2 pm Friday...off to the boat we go..having a yuppie weekend...weekend at Couran Cove..25th wedding anniversary..no fishing rods..more important things to do this weekend....you going car shopping Kev??

blaze
09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Pinhead
bettcha that you had to be reminded that it was 25, mines coming up soon and I get reminded early. Seems I have been away on fishing trips for the last couple of years.
have a good one
cheers
blaze

bidkev
09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
2 pm Friday...off to the boat we go..having a yuppie weekend...weekend at Couran Cove..25th wedding anniversary..no fishing rods..more important things to do this weekend....you going car shopping Kev??

More important things to do? :o What's more important than fishing? :D

Yeah mate, scratching my head in regards to a vehicle. There's lots that'll *pull* it but some of them won't allow the 175kg at the hitch. Think I'll have to save a few more bob to get what we want. Seems I won't be dipping the rig for a couple of weeks.....bit like me love life ;D ;)

You have a good weekend and Happy Anniversary................don't go getting any mud and those nice white deck shous ye hear? ;)

kev

bidkev
09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Kev, Kev, Kev, you just had to go and do it didn't ya

<snip>

twasn't me, twas the deckie, honest. Frightens me to death spending that kind of money. The most I've ever spent on a vehicle is 10grand and now we can't even find what we're after with 22 in me pocket and the deckie won't have *anything* on tick.

Thanks for the heads up on insurance. Pretty grey area as I've discussed it with NRMA seems technically the boat *isn't* on council land as the wheels are on me drive, it's just "prtoruding" into council land. I reckon that I need to get something in writing though.

cheers

kev

Mr__Bean
10-09-2005, 05:35 AM

Kev,

I bought a KLAMPIT wheel clamp and use it all the time, my boat is stored in my front yad and we got worried about cars stopping and looking at it all the time, for $200 our mind was put to rest, well a bit anyway.

I find I use it much more than I thought I would, at caravan parks and even on the trailer when left on the back of the car at lonely ramps when I go out overnight.

Coupling clamps are a deterrent, but unless they also secure the chains, the boat can easily be towed away just by connecting the safety chains up in a crossed over manner.

Each to their own, but I use and am happy with the wheel clamp. I bought mine from Autobahn, but you see them in most large auto shops.

http://www.klampit.com.au/view_products.asp?pxa=ve&pxs=43&id=32

- Darren

bidkev
10-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks for that Darren. I tried Supercrap Auto but they didn't stock 'em. Will try Autobarn.

cheers

kev