PDA

View Full Version : I've ordered my new Poly 530 Warrior!!!!

TonyM
24-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Placed my order with Martin Marine today for the Poly 530 Warrior Bowrider! :)

Ordered the Suziki 90hp 4 stroke
Dual Battery Setup with isolator switch
Rod locker
H/D Single axle trailer

And all the other bits: Nav Lights, 6 Gang switch for electrics, bilge pump, plumbed bait well, blow up jockey wheel + spare wheel and spare holder for trailer, Hour meter for motor, and all the standard bits like bow & rear hand rails (adapted for minnkota bow mount) 8-)

Now I've got to get very busy fishing so the delivery time doesn't seem too far away, thank god I've got a few trips planned and the weather is warming up or I'd have too much time to think about it while waiting! ::)

I've had plenty of boats before but this is my first brand spanking new one so I'm like a kid at christmas today ;D

nightangel
25-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Well done Tony.
I'm looking seriously at a 6m polycraft.
Whats the delivery delay like on yours?
Did you find Martin marine the best prices and how did they vary from rrp.
Did you consider buying boat and engine separately or package better way to go?
Good fishin'
Nightangel

Gbanger
25-08-2005, 11:20 AM
how much did it set you back

bay_firey
25-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Nightangel

I think you would be hard pressed to get a better price for a polycraft than what Richard does them for.

Made some enquiries a few weeks ago when considering selling mine.

In Rocky 4.55 Front Runner 50hp Johnno (white suzuki) $19000.00
Martin Marine Same hull 50hp Suzuki $15000.00

If you are considering buying one and you are any where near Hervey Bay it would be well worth a phone call, even if it is just to keep your local dealer honest

saphire
25-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Tony,
What colour is your new boat.
Polys come in nice colours dont they.

bay_firey
25-08-2005, 08:38 PM
You can get just about any colour you want in the poly, even multi coloured

westie
25-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Onya Tony One step forard great to see.
Now the bragging right will be following soon after, Merry Christmas I hope you said thaks to Mrs Claus.

TonyM
25-08-2005, 10:43 PM
how much did it set you back

Got enough change from $30k to get a few more extras ;)

Richard certainly has an excellent reputation for his skill in kitting out the polys, also as bayfirey mentioned I think his price would be hard to beat.

TonyM
25-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Well done Tony.
I'm looking seriously at a 6m polycraft.
Whats the delivery delay like on yours?
Did you find Martin marine the best prices and how did they vary from rrp.
Did you consider buying boat and engine separately or package better way to go?
Good fishin'
Nightangel

In this case the package deal was a no-brainer, I considered seperately but couldn't beat it :)

Hopefully earlier but as it's just gone into production might be up to 6 weeks, fingers are crossed anyway ::)

TonyM
25-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Tony,
What colour is your new boat.
Polys come in nice colours dont they.

Hi Saphire :)

I considered a pretty purple one (my daughter likes purple) but as there's more boys in my house (3 against 2) we won and it will be white with blue trim - very nautical but nice (just like me) ;D

TonyM
25-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Onya Tony One step forard great to see.
Now the bragging right will be following soon after, #Merry Christmas I hope you said thaks to Mrs Claus.

Am planning a you beaut 5 star holiday for the crew - just as long as there's water nearby ;)

bidkev
25-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Well done Tony, hope it's ready when they say it will be. White doesn't go with squid juice though so be careful :-)

Betcha it feels like chrissy and you can't wait :D I'm going through hell atm 'cause every bugger is getting ready for the brizzy boat show so my delivery is being put back another week :'( Not that it makes a difference......haven't got a vehicle big enough to pull it yet ;D

cheers

kev

major-defect
26-08-2005, 06:06 AM
But you could have been gazing at it in wonder.

damons33
26-08-2005, 07:53 AM
so wheres a photo of this icecream container?lol
what type of plastic are they constructed from?
damon,ps congradulation.
:)

westie
26-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Tony... they say Proserpine Dam is nice and I may be wrong, but there may be a few fish in there as well.

That good wife of yours deserves a holiday after talking you in to getting that rig.

Just depends if she take you and the kids is the Question ;D

cheno
26-08-2005, 12:03 PM
damon,

there are few posted on the polycraft website

Tony, sweet

They look a little better developed than the 455 in terms of internal fitout. Might have to upgrade my 455CC. If the new 530 works as well as the 455 does it will be awesome. I have put 120hrs on it in the past 12 months and so far no real complaints about performance.

cheno

TonyM
27-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Kev, I feel for you mate. My wait has only just begun and allready the madness is setting in ::) Getting my tow rig this week if all goes well - 97 Disco V8 on LPG (the lpg is for the wallet, the V8 is for the kid in me) ;D

Damons - I'll attach a pic. But yes as said earlier there's some on the poly site now. I got a few more from my dealer too - the storage space under the transom (behind the fold up seat) looks huge, might even be big enough for my lockup rod locker as the internal width is 2.1m ;)

Westie - true, god knows she deserves a holiday without us lot! ;D

Cheno, the 455 is a sweet boat, I bet you've had a ball in it. I almost bought one a few times but it wasn't quite what I wanted - now I've found my dream boat ;) Now I can cover all my favourite fishing in reasonable comfort with one boat (missus told me I can't have 2 so being a good boy I have obliged) ;D

TonyM
27-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Plan view

http://www.polycraft.com.au/New530/525_files/Polycraft/Poly/overhead.jpg

TonyM
27-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Rear deck

http://www.polycraft.com.au/New530/525_files/Polycraft/Poly/lounge_down.jpg

TonyM
27-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Business end (looks plenty tough methinks) :P

http://www.polycraft.com.au/New530/525_files/Polycraft/Poly/530_transom_view1.jpg

TonyM
27-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Casting platform (see you can have your cake and eat it too) :)

http://www.polycraft.com.au/New530/525_files/Polycraft/Poly/casting_deck.jpg

PinHead
28-08-2005, 08:34 AM
well Tony..when are we going fishing ????

TonyM
28-08-2005, 11:00 AM
well Tony..when are we going fishing ????

Soon I hope mate! :)

I'd love to take you for a ride in it, and we could even get some slime on it if you like :) Would you prefer to hit the salt for some Tuna and Trevors? or go to Monduran and get some Big Barra? :D

hmmmm we could tie it up to the back of yours as a tender and hit some of the excellent spots up the top of Fraser.... :-? Would certainly raise a few eyebrows with envy heading out of the harbour ;D

westie
28-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Tony... you are getting to high up in the clouds mate next it will be Marlin, Sails.

I think you see the wrong boat up there this is a Tinny

TonyM
28-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Tony... you are getting to high up in the clouds mate next it will be Marlin, Sails.

# #I think you see the wrong boat up there this is a Tinny

no mate - right boat for me is the Warrior ;)

The one in your picture is actually the one I'm sure Jenny will want ;D Once we kick the kids out (only 20 years to go) we can sell everything up and buy a fat old boat to float around in ;D

seaspot
28-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Tony welcome to the family. I have been fishing from the polys since 2003. The first rig was a 4.55 cc with 60 2 stroke. I now have thye 5.99 cc with 140 Johno 4 stroke. What a great boat. I am sure you will have many years of enjoyment from the Warrior. It looks great in the pics. I just hope the boys at poly are punching them out faster than mine. I had to wait 3 months. It was worth it. Good boating.

TonyM
28-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks Seaspot - don't think I've heard of an unsatisfied Poly owner, gotta be something in that eh? ;)

Ouch 3 months, that had to hurt! I've been told 6 weeks but maybe just maybe it'll be faster.... Everythings crossed here! ;D

polydriver
28-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey Tony

Congrats on the new boat. I look forward to some pics and a report for the polyboatowners web site when you finally spend some time ashore

pegasus
29-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Congratulations Tony-looks a top rig- I am very much looking forward to the boat show to see thewm in the flesh- totally agree with comments earlier regarding Martin Marine- considering they specialize in the poly combined with the value/price I found the trip up there for my 4.55 f/runner very worthwhile - also love the suzi 's.
hmmm - I ll have to go and check that lotto entry so I can get my order in- it ll be interesting to see the barra versions and cuddys when they come out
best regards
lew

TonyM
29-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Tony

Congrats on the new boat. I look forward to some pics and a report for the polyboatowners web site when you finally spend some time ashore

Thanks Dave :)

Re the review I think I've figured out the only way to get it to you in less than a year - I'll take the notebook computer out with me and write the review on the water ;) ;D

hmmm I hope my wireless network will have the range for out on the water - might have to get a bigger transmitter or I can't surf the net in the boat :-/

TonyM
29-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Congratulations Tony-looks a #top rig- I am very much looking forward to the boat show to see thewm in the flesh- totally agree with comments earlier regarding Martin Marine- considering they specialize in the poly combined with the value/price I found the trip up there for my 4.55 f/runner very worthwhile - also love the suzi 's.
hmmm - I ll have to go and check that lotto entry so I can get my order in- it ll be interesting to see the barra versions and cuddys when they come out
best regards
lew

Hi Lew,

I originally intended to get the Barra version, although the financial controller saw the bow rider and fell in love, plus now I'm getting to be a cranky old git I don't mind a few creature comforts 8-)

_Matt_
29-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Poly lovers...

Well I hate to be the villan, but I was once the owner of a polycraft cc 4.55 with a 50hp tohatsu. Notice how I said "once". Well to cut a long story short I won't be going there again. Yes they are as tough as nails, but thats about it. As for a smooth, dry ride... well i'd like to meet up with the guy who promised me that again. There were only a couple of occasions where I got to my destination "dry". Let me just say theres nothing worse than going mackerel fishing whilst ringing wet in the freezing cold. The dry days were about 5 knot winds. I was going to put a nice big sticker on the side of it #with a catchy name, but unfortunately the only name that sprung to mind was "BARREL ROLLER". Yep she was lethal at times. #[smiley=anxious.gif]

I'm not knocking Polycraft cc 4.55 for the fun of it, I'm speaking from real experience. Just one word of advise for potential poly 4.55 cc owners. TEST IT FIRST. Hey who knows maybe I just had a bad egg? I never once heard a bad thing about polys before I bought.

Hopefully the new 6m is a little safer & dryer.

cheers
Matt

revs57
29-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Goodonya Tony...nothing like being an expectant parent...and looks like a tidy rig too...I hear those 90 suzi's are brilliant on fuel economy

cheers

Rhys

cheno
29-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey _Matt_

Am I right in assuming that if you are going mackeral fishing in the freezing cold that you live in nth or central queensland?

Was interesting when reading your experiences with the poly. I have my 455cc for a while now and run offshore mainly in SEQ where the waves tend to be a little more widely spaced, not so much of that nasty steep chop down here. I wonder if that had something to do with how it performed for you? Mine is wet but it is but very smooth for its size and is very extremely predictable in a follwing sea (I was surprised). It also performs better with a decent amount of weight forward. Like anything, when I drive it too hard performance declines.

I have only had it up north once and had to run quartering to 18knots of SE it was (very) wet then but it wasnt not all that bangy, again we had a fair amount of weight up front.

cheno

_Matt_
30-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi Cheno

Yeah you are right I live in NQ, no better place to live.

I was surprised too, surprised how bad it went. At first I thought it might of been the new boat "jitters", you know just getting used to it. Don't get me wrong she was absolutely beautiful on the partially choppy-smooth stuff, but once it started getting a bit rough she was fairly unpredictable. Yeah I usually put most weight up front too, but it wasn't enough. Put it this way... I wasn't going into the rough stuff without my kill switch clipped to me.

I was really dissapointed with it, I would get to a destination soaking wet, where as I would look over at tinnies of the same size and everyone was high and dry. It would wallow alot with the 50hp tohatsu, and being polyethelene, it would flex alot too which doesn't help lag. An interseting point to note is that the man who sold me the poly had a new tinnie about the same size sitting in the yard. When I asked about it he said "oh I won it so I've decided to keep the tinnie and sell the poly". Hmmm thinking back now i'm not so sure he won it. Hense me saying it may have just been a bad egg. #

Anyways glad to hear yours isn't causing you any grief, I think I'll stick to the good ol' tinnies from now on.

Cheers
Matt

TonyM
30-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up Matt - They've made a lot of changes to the hull since then, I'll certainly be giving it a good workout so I guess only time will tell. Did you ever speak to Polycraft about your concerns with handling? I truly haven't heard of this before.

Given the extra length, new hull design, deeper sides, much bigger beam, bigger screens, changes to the stabilisers, and extra depth in the 530 I'm not overly concerned about it being a wet boat #;)

gary1
30-08-2005, 07:58 PM
I've got a poly 4.55 c/c 50 hp honda on the back and have fished it from Darwin through to wellington point and had it in some really shitty water and have alway's felt very safe in it and found it easy to handle. I think you have to take into account the size of the boat and the fact that you are sometimes going to get wet in a centre console whether it's made from alloy ,glass, poly especially if it's only around 4.55 long.
all the best
Gary1

TonyM
30-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Too true Gary, every open boat I've ever had (and I've had a few ;) ) has involved me getting wet at some time or another.

In fact even with Cuddy/Half cabs I've managed to get wet from sea spray on too many occaisions when the weather is crappy enough and you're limping home fighting the wind and the waves :-/ BUT that's ok because a bit of sea spray always make me feel alive and the main thing in a moment like that is feeling safe, and a dual layer bullet proof hull filled with foam is gunna make me feel a whole lot safer on a dark night when a big storm sneaks up on me... :o

_Matt_
31-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Tony, Gary,

Before I owned the poly I did a lot of fishing with my mates in their tinnies, both were just about the same size centre consoles. Yes on occasions we certainly got our fair share of sea spray. But in the poly it wasn't just "some time or another" that we got drenched, it was about 80% of the time. In their tinnies we were taking on waves at all angles, whereas the poly was very unpredictable, slipping out from underneath your feet on too many occasions, Hense me saying I would never go out without my kill switch clipped to me. It wouldn't glide over the waves like the tinnies would, it would mostly tend to bog down and wallow.

My goal is not to give Polycraft a bad reputation or anything of the sort, my goal is to give readers the perspective of my experiences with the 4.55cc in the hope that the Pro's & Con's of the Poly's can be considered before purchase. Like I said I never once heard a bad thing about the Poly's before I bought, I heard nothing but wonderful reports. I wish I had tested this particular boat first, I wish I had heard peoples views on the "bad" points.

At the end of the day, if I had a choice between Polycraft 4.55cc and a tinnie of similar profile and size, the Poly wouldn't even come into consideration knowing what I know now. I'd prefer to get to my fishing spot dry and stable. Tony M, I do honestly believe poly would have vastly improved the larger Poly's design. Mine was a 2002 4.55 hull, and judging by the the good things I hear from Poly owners, it may just have been a bad batch of polyethelene, who knows?

Would be interested to hear how she goes once your up and running.

Till then
_Matt_ [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

TonyM
31-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Matt,

Will be sure to let you know how it goes once I've given it a good caning in some weather.

I'm normally more of a fair weather fisherman nowadays however with the new boat I can see I'll probably start pushing the boundaries a little bit again, so time should tell ;)

Aparently the video review that's coming out soon of the 530 was filmed on a fairly rough day (last weekend was pretty blowy) so will be good to see.

drenno
10-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Tony, Am looking for new boat have been reading up on the polycraft - interested to get some feedback on your new boat as setup would suit the family.
drenno

TonyM
10-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Dreno,

No worries mate. I'll throw a post up after I've taken it out a few times to let anyone interested know how it goes. It should be on the way within 3 - 4 weeks all going well (fingers crossed)

I spoke to Steve at Polycraft yesterday and apprently it performed brilliantly when they were testing it a few days ago with some fairly nasty chop. With a 115 on the back it was scooting along through the chop at a fair rate of knots and dry too #;)

Welcome to the site by the way!

drenno
11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks Tony will be great to get your views. Also your thoughts on the 455 with dual consoles - reason I ask is your package might be out of our price range :( Any light you can shed on these boats would be greatly appreciated (for the record have looked through the site and read everything I can) Only new to this - will be first boat so forgive me

westie
11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi Dreno,

No worries mate. I'll throw a post up after I've taken it out a few times to let anyone interested know how it goes. It should be on the way within 3 - 4 weeks all going well (fingers crossed)

I spoke to Steve at Polycraft yesterday and apprently it performed brilliantly when they were testing it a few days ago with some fairly nasty chop. With a 115 on the back it was scooting along through the chop at a fair rate of knots and dry too ;)

Welcome to the site by the way!

Hey Tony..... Then it is the all important fit out,

Hmmmmm better go for a fish first before I put that there.
Bugger I will have to go and get a couple of new tacke boxes
Splicing all the ropes.
Jig heads I will have a 1000 of them to go somewhere when westie rings me and lets me know the moulds have arrived ( Not Yet)

My boat is only 12 months old and still fitting it out and it was s/hand.

3-4 Weeks just about time to start looking at cigars for the New Arrival.

NAME........ have you forgotten you will need a name how about the "Janbarra"
well she has to have credits she told you you had to go for that one.

TonyM
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Hiya Westie :)

Yes the fitout is going to be fun :D Normally when I do finish fitting out a boat I sell it! ::) ;D Having said that I think I'll deliberately leave at least a few small things for a few years so I get to enjoy it a bit longer ;D

Re the name I'm working on it, so far the favourite is Reel Estate as that's what's paying for it ;)

westie
12-09-2005, 02:13 PM
And I thought it was hard work that got it!!! ;D

TonyM
12-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks Tony will be great to get your views. Also your thoughts on the 455 with dual consoles - reason I ask is your package might be out of our price range :( Any light you can shed on these boats would be greatly appreciated (for the record have looked through the site and read everything I can) Only new to this - will be first boat so forgive me

Hi Drenno,

I reckon the 4.55 is a great boat. For it's size it would have to be one of the safest, lowest maintenaince boats you can get, plus you get a ride much quieter and easier on the kidneys than most other boats. The only thing I don't like about the 4.55 is the rear corner seats which take up a lot of space. You might want to check with Polycraft on this as I heard someone mention they will be re-releasing the smaller hulls with the new design used in the 5.30 ;) As I mentioned I heard this from a 3rd party so I'd check with Polycraft - if they are doing it I don't know what the expected timeline is either. If you call Polycraft on the 1800 number on their website I have found them very helpfull and more than happy to answer prospective customers enquiries.

TonyM
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
And I thought it was hard work that got it!!! ;D

Nahhh tried that and all I got for working my clacker out for more than 20 years was debt, anxiety, depression, crook neck, and a family that hardly knew me - Being a slum landlord is far better ;) 8-)

Besides it leaves heaps more time for fishin ;D

drenno
12-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi Tony, Thanks for your input - greatly appreciated! I will contact Polycraft. And thanks to whoever suggested contacting Yabbie Marine they were very helpful - will be calling in to see them on Saturday!

Drenno