PDA

View Full Version : What tools should I carry in the boat ?

markpeta
13-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Just wondering what tools do you guys carry with you going off shore and spare parts ?

Mark

fishman7
13-09-2005, 05:26 AM
hi
i carry the same as my car screwdrivers, plyers, shifter, socket set, ect sparak plugs, fuses,
danny

blaze
13-09-2005, 08:31 AM
electrcal tape, spare prop, shifter, couple ring spanners, pliers.
theres not a lot you can fix even in dead flat water. Try hanging off the back changing a prop, even in a 1 m swell.
good radio, epirb, flares are probably more inportant
cheers
blaze

fnqbunyip
13-09-2005, 08:46 AM
10mm spanner, phillips screwdriver to remove cover so you can use spare start rope . its no good having a spare start rope and you cant fit it ....

I've just got a new yammie 25 and I bought the above as extras (not out of tool box ) and silliconed them inside the cowl so I know they are there if I ever need them.

Cheers fnqbunyip
;)

basserman
13-09-2005, 09:22 AM
no tools should be carried you should have the motor running right all the time
ok well thats in a perfict world
truthly i don't carrie much tools at all as blaze said if she breaks down out on the water it isn't as if you can do too much to them
so all i carrie is a couple of screwdivers, shifter, spark plug remover and new sparks, zip ties and tape and wire stripers
apart fomr that all safty gear so if it is much worst than a quick fix it will be a call out for a tow

gavsgonefishing
13-09-2005, 10:35 AM
beer radios and a good servicing schedule

JB
13-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah i like gavs idea. ;)

familyman
13-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I take my work tool belt - various s/drivers, 2shifters , long and short nose pliers,allen keys from 2mm to 10mm and a multimeter.Also in there is some elecrical crimp lugs and so on .I also have on board cable ties and some electrical cable,spare fuel filter and some inox.
Fortunately I've never had to use any of it ;D
I also keep all the safety gear and radio and phone as the tow is more likely than a successful repair when at sea.
cheers jon

westie
13-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Had all the tools to drop the top off to fit the pull rope, 70 yam in a sloppy sea and me could not work together called VMR and towed her in. Now have 2nd Battery simple.
If I was going away from my local area I would take the spare prop and leave it in the car and replace it when VMR returned me to shore, as it would Pee me off having to buy one when I had one in the shed.

SeaSaw
13-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Only 2 things required.

1) CRC - if it is stuck and you want it to move
2) Duct Tape - if it is broke and you want it back together.

;D ;D ;D

Mark