PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Welders ?

Poseidon
17-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Can someone recommend a welding shop who can fabricate and weld in a few support brackets in my tinnie. The brackets will take the weight of a rear casting deck that I will fit between the rear thwart and the transom of my boat.
Its not a big job but would like someone familiar with tinnie setups who perhaps can also offer some advice on the best workable solution.
Northside of Brisbane preferably though happy to travel a bit if needed.
Regards Cameron.

revs57
17-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey Cam, You could give Dave Claussen a call at RipTide Alloy Boats on 38001771...Dave's workshop is at 794 Webley Rd Browns Palins (Southside) but very easy access to the Gateway Arterial Wembley Rd exit in fact just south of the access ramp. I'm sure he'll do a top job..he did a heap of great mods to my tinnie and is now building our 6mt platey...can't recommend him highly enough...

-spiro-
18-09-2005, 01:24 PM
theres a place here in Caboolture that dose a top job and reasonable rates to. pm me if you want details and i'll find his card 8-)

The_Walrus
18-09-2005, 03:45 PM
You could also try Australian Master Marine at Brendale.

They make plate aluminium boats with plenty of custom fitouts.

Luc

2iar
20-09-2005, 11:32 AM
G'Day Mate,

Try Holt Marine in Everton Hills - know what they're doing, do it well, and reasonably priced. They've got a welding shop out back.

Happy with the floor and welded supports for it they put in mine.

Good luck,
Mike