PDA

View Full Version : Help from Cairns Members

boatboy50
21-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Guys,

I am looking to purchase a boat from this region. Can someone give me the details of any reputable dealers in your area who would be capable of travelling to do an engine inspection on a boat.

The boat has twin Johnson outboards so the small travel would be worth their while.

I am also interested to know if you know any shipwrights/competent dealers who may also be able to assist in a hull inspection?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Darren

megafish71
21-09-2005, 09:00 PM
G'day Darren,
PM me with some more details. Should be able to get something organized for you.

Cheers Ron

HOOKLINEnSINKER
21-09-2005, 09:33 PM
iam thinking of going down south to buy one. i got quoted 1200bucks to get it moved up to cairns.And i think you get more for your money down south. dan

FNQCairns
22-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Dont go as far south as the wider Sydney region looking for a boat, when I moved up here I couldn't believe how cheap the second hand boats were in comparison.

One disadvantage to buying from here is any boat big enough to reach the reef easily will have a lot of hours on it because the trip is fairly long. If the boat is off the trailer odds are it is on a 100km+ round trip. Nowhere else to go but mud, shallow water and mangroves so they can look young but have a fair few hours up.
Many boats the same size down south spend more time on relatively short trips from the ramp in and around Moreton bay/broadwater, close reefs etc.

cheers fnq