PDA

View Full Version : Mark on Boat

falcon01
23-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi guys this may seem like a dumb question I have only had my boat as couple of week it is 3.75 cody aluminium tinne. The aluminium appears to be darker from the water line and below is that normal is it just salt because I use it in salt water

MIKOS
23-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi falcon01
I have the same tinny as you.its an allycraft 375 cody painted.I bought mine 3 years ago from cunninghams.It still looks like brand new as everytime i return from fishing i was it down with suds and every 4 months i give it a polish (wax) ;).but you will find that the underside where the exposed aluminium is will eventually lose that shine as it is exposed to the corrisive salt water :'(.You can help slow this down by washing down with fresh water after every trip but you will not stop the enevitable from happening. :-/

MIKOS

falcon01
23-09-2005, 02:04 PM
the shine has gone after 1 month mine is not painted probably been out in it ten day in the month is that ok and what is end result of corrision on the underside from salt water will it rust all the way through. Yes I do wash it down with fresh water

MIKOS
23-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Falcon01

The underside of mine is not painted and it will definatly in the lifetime that you have the boat will not corrode through :).It is a good thing that you wash down with fresh water ecah time after use.when i wash mine i just use wash and wax car wash as the soapy water seems to help gat rid of the salt spray.As for the underside where it is bare aluminium i just give that a good hose down. ;)

Cheers

MIKOS

Poseidon
23-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Gidday Falcon 1.

I have the 3.95 Avalon painted up the same way as the 3.75 Cody and the colour issue would be nothing to worry about. As long as you spend the time to clean her up after the day out you will be fine, plenty of fresh water with suds.
Regards Cameron

darryl_l
23-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Easy way out is to have two boats fibre glass for salt water use and tinnie for the fresh but you will still have to give a good cleaning after fresh water use

Darryl L

dnej
23-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Lanolin, Lanolin Lanolin, get the grease,and use it like polish,magic.PM me if you want to know where to get the grease.
David

markpeta
23-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Falcon make sure everything is earthed to the battery negitive and all wire are insulated. Just a thought might be some help think you might even be able to put an anode on the back of the boat wouldnt know how to do it but some of the other guys might.

Mark