PDA

View Full Version : Ethanol in fuel mandate

FNQCairns
22-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Just saw on TV that little scumbag Hitler PM we have has decided that we should all have 5% ethanol in our fuel with no markings on pump to let us know! Sheesh!!... he gives a person so much ammunition , lucky he banned the ownership of guns to good people. spew - fnq

blaze
22-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Maybe should have been in the boat forum, feel the issue is worthy of being in a more prominate place.
How can howard sleep at night, dammed if I could if I was that crooked and bend. What a weasel
gotta stop now
I agree NQ
cheers
blaze

Derek Bullock
22-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Sometimes ya just have to ask Blaze. ;)

westie
22-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Dereck good to see you are joining in. there should be more of it from the Mod's

Mantaray
22-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Now if you had an interest in ethanol would you attempt to curtail the price of petrol, guess who has the pinkies in the cooky jar?

rajawolf
23-09-2005, 01:18 AM
FNQCairns,

Fully agree with what you have said....%$#@*&^%$ ...I will stop now. >:(

familyman
23-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Pardon my extreme ignorance but ethanol in fuel causes what problems? [smiley=huh2.gif]
cheers jon

Hagar
23-09-2005, 08:15 AM
NQ - I'm with you on this one . At present I only get fuel from where they can state it it ethanol free . From what I have previously read Ethanol is just as costly to produce as petrol and the producers survive due to gov't subsidies .

I have just launched the new project boat with a Yammie four stroke on it . Had a very interesting talk with Yamaha service reps at the boat show regarding fuel . For four strokes especially most of the issued they have are fuel related . Fresh unleaded fuel without additives like ethanol is extremely important for good running . Can also affect some four strokes 'making oil ' due to unburnt residuals . Unmarked ethanol at the pump is going to make life difficult . When you pass Mr. Howard's limo stopped at the side of the road with the fuel pump fused due to ethanol deterioration please give him the single finger salute as you go by . I'm a conservative voter but am not a fan on this issue .

Chris

Black_Rat
23-09-2005, 08:21 AM
My future brother in law is a mechanic and has seen first hand the damage it is doing #steer clear !

blaze
23-09-2005, 08:39 AM
howard is looking after the BUSH (cane growers) at the expence of the rest of the population.
I just gotta leave this one alone
I go and take my stay calm medication now
cheers
blaze

Sandman
23-09-2005, 08:49 AM
I placed a post about this awhile back on everyones thoughts, so far i can see alot of anger.
This has been on the cards for some time as something had to break. If ethanol is so bad for our engines not to mention the safety aspect it could place on boaties out on the water what should be done.

Q. What alternatives do we have beside the next election?

Mick

Sandman
23-09-2005, 08:52 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1125724302

TheBream
23-09-2005, 08:57 AM
just to clear a few things up
1 wasn't john howard to surgested it, it was the fule summit
2 john howard didn't sugrest it because he didn't attend the fule summit ("the fule summit will be nothing but a talk fest") as he think we should all just pay what it is now (hence the pacific H/Way blockage by trucks)
3 john howard after the fule summit and hearing the recomendation then made the statement they all goverment cars should be run on the stuff now
(isn't it great when you don't need to pay for things and us tax payers do ::))

frankj
23-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't know very much about this subject, so I did a google search. It came up with this article which I found interesting.
http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa102100a.htm

The other side of the argument I suppose. (p.s. USA of course)

Before anyone jumps on me, I don't have any opinions either way at this stage. But i thought you might find it interesting.

Cheers
Frankj

Poseidon
23-09-2005, 10:53 AM
As Familyman said, what are the problems ??? I've spent an hour or so this morning reading about the other countries that currently use ethanol blends in fuel and many statements clarifying the suitabilty of the same for use in engines and how manufacturers have no issues with warranty etc.
The attached link is one from Canada which answered some questions that I had regarding the subject.

http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/publications/infosource/pub/vehiclefuels/ethanol/M27_01_1991.cfm

It seems that the Prime Minister is damned if he does damned if he doesn't. He has the whole country on his back on the issue of fuel prices, a worldwide problem at the moment and when he offers an alternative which may ease the burden on fossil fuels he gets kicked again.

By the way I am no expert on ethanol however am very interested in obtaining the facts on the subject.

Regards Cameron.

stunnedmullet
23-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Perhaps if our friends in govt had to save up their discout fuel vouchers and then decide after filling up what the family doesn't need that week in order to pay the fuel bill, they would be more understanding of the plight the average person is in >:(
Why are we taxed twice(fuel excise and 10% gst) Are our roads billions of dollars better than before? And please stop passing the blame for the GSt onto the states. Someone take control as the elected party should.
Personally I think that we as a society are in for a maasive change in lifestyle(for the worse)
if the price of fuel escalates to $1.60l
Interesting point to mention is that USA pay .95cl for fuel at present(Tsv bulletin this morning)
Sorry to rave but I see this fuel debate as a huge issue for our way of life.
Very concerned stunnedmullet
PS An inquiry into collusion between the 4 major oil companies is NOT in the govt best interest so do not expect the inquiry(if it happens) to have any more teeth than a jellyfish.

Sandman
23-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I just filled the boat up at 1.18pltr 175ltrs Mmm costly and i have two trips on the weekend :o I am going to reduce my habbit a little me thinks :'(

Derek Bullock
23-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I am a bit like Familyman - - - - - just exactly what does ethanol do that is bad. Just saw a show on TV and it appears most major manufacturers support it.

Derek

Mantaray
23-09-2005, 08:08 PM
The catch cry appears to be renewable energy! Renewed from and using what? Land, more and more land probably, tractors & machinery, so what do tractors run on? Fertilizers again don't come without input and then there's water and all should by now know the issues with water, then with all this land being fertilized and watered then run-off just won't up and disappear into thin air either? As well as electricity and all those things that go into making something from something else, remember matter can not be created or destroyed just changed into something else but at what cost and for whose benefit?

If it's a renewable fuel then why doesn't the industry who pushes its use actually use it themselves to produce it? Maybe using a litre of ethanol to produce a litre of ethanol isn't good business?

Now why hasn't the government been worried about petrol prices? Talk about a convenient way to push their ethanol agenda but for whose benefit really? Everybody needs to loom at the overall big picture not just some ethanol industry pervert spewing forth the renewable energy ramble with absolutely no consideration to anything else but their own bank balance.

As for this petty excuse with regard one hurricane in one very small portion of the overall world, which doubles petrol prices overnight then just imagine the convenient affect of 3 hurricanes to the oil moguls, no that is a poor low down industry excuse to unjustifiably rip the innards out of people. It a pure and simple rip off as just about all our fuel is produced right here.

Fancy expecting the government to be worried about fuel prices, if anybody thinks they do then you have a real problem.

blaze
23-09-2005, 08:59 PM
What will the cost be in WATER to grow the product to produce this environmently friendly fuel. There is a real problem now in drought affected australia without this.
To grow this SUBSTAINABLE fuel source the already over burden land will be asked to produce tonnes and tonnes of product and the only way for that to happen is to fertilize the soil and the irigate it to put the run off into our already poluted waterways
How much damage to drive a mile.
The fuel is an achahol and will absorb water at a higher rate than petrol and that cant be good for your motor.
cheers
blaze