PDA

View Full Version : 4 Seasons Wind Storm SS505 - advice wanted

lesj
21-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this so hope I am doing it right.
My stepson is looking to buy a new aluminium hull with a cuddy cabin. He wants to use it for off-shore fishing. He has seen a new 4 Seasons Wind Storm SS505 with a 70hp Yammy 2 stroke.
He has asked my advice and I can't find out much about them. Can anyone help with advice, comments etc. As usual, money is limited, also he can't go over about 5m because of where he has to park it.

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks

Larf
26-09-2005, 07:59 AM
yeah good boat probably wants a90hp if your going outside go for a run in it or buy it subject to a water test.

Gbanger
26-09-2005, 09:34 AM
the build quality on these boats doesnt compare with some of the others ive seen..

FISHERBLOKE74
26-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Four Seasons = Stessco. Stay away, the build quality is appalling. They have a reputation in the market for being the cheapest least quality boat on the market. Hence the new name "Four Seasons" an attempt to get away from Stessco and its associated reputation. Go and have a look at a decent brand, Stacer, Quintrex and Formosa (these are great boats at a great price).

noluck
26-09-2005, 05:22 PM
i had ss530 with 90 i was very hapy with had bine to harts and barwon banks culandra bar and cop some very bad sea and out to gold cast to 36 and 52 good boat i thing it was good quality boat for $$$ too did not have any problem with it atall had only 2 time in bay and it is very good in bay waters.i was just to update to 115hp and i had to sale it . My was bild to have 115hp on back whan i did oder i ask for it
only thing thay are bushing like any other alloy boat in clas
cheers no_luck