PDA

View Full Version : merc remote or evinrude remote

lil_boatie
28-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks. I think i will try, but if i stuff up (witch will be most likley) i will hire someone to do it.

FNQCairns
28-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Good luck lill boatie I dont have much confidence in what I wrote.
Once you have a go at it, should become clearer. cheers fnq

lil_boatie
29-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi all, just asking ANOTHER question. I got my boat with no motor but with a remote and the cables, now my problem is that my motor is a tiller steer mercury and the remote is a evinrude. I have looked and am not sure if i can use the remote with the motor because the things on the end of the cables are quite big (dont know what there called). Can this work, will i have to buy a new remote and if so how much (i would like to get it cheap), is there a outboar motor wreckers in brisbane area or should i give it to a machanic.

Thanks guys.

FNQCairns
29-09-2005, 04:00 PM
To the best of my knowledge all the aftermarket replacement (teleflex) cables are all the same but it has been a while since I have needed to know this information.

The only problem you may have is the direction of push pull from the remote if the engine linkage/s work the other way, really not sure on mercury. For some reason I remember it is not a simple matter of swapping ends at the engine to get the wrong push pull to work but I cannot remember why atm.

Good luck,

cheers fnq