PDA

View Full Version : New Haines Hunter opinions sought

2iar
27-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi All,

I'm pretty close to agreeing a deal with Motorama Bayside on a new 470 Breeze cuddy with a Yamaha 80hp 4-stroke on the back. I reckon she'll fly.

It'll be used primarily in the bay for family fun (3 of us), with a scoot over to Moreton on a good day. Maybe the odd trip offshore in the medium term when I get some confidence up, fishing two blokes, again only when conditions are right.

I'd really, really appreciate some feedback/opinions/comments from anyone familiar with the boat/engine/dealer or any combination of them. Good or bad.

Also, any tips for new players would be welcome - I've never bought a new boat before and don't know nearly as much as many of you on the site.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,
Mike

bkksteve
27-09-2005, 10:00 PM
I looked at the Haines breeze there as well but whilst they are no doubt a good boat I think the Signature is probably a little better. I suspect presentation and resale are a touch better as well. Still havn't made up mind but have largly dismissed the Haines Breeze. I think even the cox craft is a better boat though it probably has less resale then the Haines Breeze. I guess everyone has an opinion but for me I was not that impressed with the Haines breeze once I started comparing. Why are you buying the breeze and what kind of deal did you get out of the dealer. I am still shopping around... :)

James_V17L
27-09-2005, 11:20 PM
The 470 breeze looks like a nice rig...the only thing I would advise is to
have a good think about the size..especially for family days in the bay..make sure the boat is big enuff for what your primary use will be..
Good luck..

Pete
29-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a 495 Breeze that i bought about 6 months ago from Boatarma down the gold coast they were a bit cheaper but not worth hassle.
I also have a yamaha 80 which seems verry good, apart from the dealer the one thing that is a problem is getting onto the plane when there are two people sitting down the back,with everyone up front no prob

2iar
29-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, it's really appreciated.

I haven't committed to anything yet, and I'm still examining a few other options. Due diligence, you might say.

I'll let you know how I go if you're still intested, but if anyone else has anyhing to add, feel free.

Thanks again,
Mike

Fishin_Dan
29-09-2005, 10:19 PM
The bigger the better... Then we can go fishing out wider!!! ;D I mean.... You and the family can enjoy the bay a little better.... ;D

Kids like to move around a bit, so the more room in the boat, the better.

Ashleym
30-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I have a 470 Breeze with 90HP 2 stroke Yamaha and couldn't be happier. I travel 5hrs plus to get to the briny so the size of the boat is great for me. Fishes great with 2 people and good with 3 people. I guess it's horses for courses but I love it. I don't have the planing problem with mine - have foils on the back which help a bit though.

If you have any other specific query's just let me know. Happy to help another potential member of the HH brigade.

Cheers

Ash

FNQCairns
30-09-2005, 11:14 AM
If the breeze is actually a classic style of hull and HH deadrise then it should travel softer/faster in the bay slop and offshore than a comparable variable deadrise hull of the same lenght but the VDR will probably turn better, accelerate faster, be more stable, more fuel efficient and be more fun on a day out with the family tubeing etc and still handle the odd trip outside with ease just a slower and rougher ride if bumpy. Just a thought.

cheers fnq