PDA

View Full Version : C-Map OR Navionics ?

Scott_Mitchell
02-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Looking at getting a new GPS system - Have had Navman in the past with C-Map NT+ - BUT interested in any views on comparison with Navionics Gold cartography ?

C-Map appear to keep winning the awards BUT I have heard Navionics charts have more detail ?

Regards Scotto

John_R
02-10-2005, 06:39 AM
I have a Lowrance with Navionics. Reasonably happy with it, however note that some details are not there such as the channel out of Carlo Boat Ramp at Rainbow Beach. Have also spotted details that are wrong such as non existent contours in various places like off Mooloolaba.

Have not seen C-Map so I can't help you with a comparison.

revs57
02-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Scotto,

I was looking at the Navionics Gold based Raymarine for our new platey but after following a stack of threads on this site and reading a heap of reviews as a result I couldn't go past the Garmin Blue Map system for the 172C model and picked a unit up at the boat show and saved a heap of buck as well. I'm yet to fire it up but I am looking forward to it...could be an option worth checking out.

rhys

revs57
02-10-2005, 07:59 AM
BTW Scott,

I'm sure I can find the articles on the 172 that featured the blue map, they were in recent editions of a couple of the boatie mags, I'd be happy to Fax or snail mail them if you like...PM me your details and I'll get on it next week

Rhys

finding_time
02-10-2005, 11:11 AM
blue chart ;) ;)

trout3030
02-10-2005, 01:54 PM
C Map Max and Navionics Platinum should start to be more common in the next 6 months or so also. Haven't seen these as yet but there own websites sure like them. C Map Max already available in a few of the Navman units I believe. Anyone seen it yet?

Scott_Mitchell
02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
blue chart ;) ;)

What Garmin unit are you running ;)

Regards Scotto