PDA

View Full Version : Mounting bowmount Minnkota - lhs or rhs ????

TonyM
02-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I vaguely recall someone mentioning a Minnkota should be mounted on the RHS of the boat. Is this the case? If so what effect would mounting on the left cause?

ShaneJ
02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
I hope this isn't the case as my boat was made with a platform on the front left to suit an electric :-?

bay_firey
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Me three, I have just finnished mounting mine on the left :o :-/

TonyM
02-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm hoping I'm wrong - sorry if I scared anyone! :-/

I think it was on a US Bassing site that I saw it. The only thing I can think of that could be a reason for doing it is maybe dealing with torsion issues? (pulling at straws here)

TonyM
02-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I've just looked at a ton of different sites and it seems the left hand side is the go.

Once again sorry if I caused any concern! I should have made a search before I posted it but I was obviously feeling lazy ::)

bigdan123
02-10-2005, 07:53 PM
tony i think that its all to do with if you are left or righted
i know with mine (which is on the rhs) it is easier to fold up and put into position because i am right handed ;)

Dan

ShaneJ
02-10-2005, 08:17 PM
i know with mine (which is on the rhs) it is easier to fold up and put into position because i am right handed ;)

Dan
Maybe if you had it on the left you would miss some of those sunkin logs :P

Zeeke
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
on my boat.. which im selling.. its mounted on the left.. which makes sense because the driver sits on the right in most boats.. giving clear view

Tim

TonyM
02-10-2005, 08:57 PM

Dan
Maybe if you had it on the left you would miss some of those sunkin logs :P

ShaneJ - Have I met you recently? :D

Dan - phew, well I'm a lefty so that theory works for me. Thanks mate :)

Tim - Yes I thought that too, just some old memory bubbled up about the rhs thing and the last minute jitters of the new boat fitout kicked in ;D

bigdan123
02-10-2005, 08:58 PM
shane welcome to ausfish mate :)
i dont think that anyone could get through (spot x) that area without hitting anything :-[

tim it depends on how high the bow is, cause mine is only a a bass/barra boat and i can see very clearly. but maybe its got something to do with my height 194 cm :D

ShaneJ
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Tony, Yes that would be me :)

Dan did you tell the fellas about the refreshing smell that day? [smiley=anxious.gif]

TonyM
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Next thing I have to double check is whether the 54" will get down deep enough for my hull... :-? I figure this will be more important in the salt when there's a swell (i.e. Most of the time) ::)

Don't know the hight to the waterline from the bow yet, as it hasn';t been wet yet. I'm hoping the 54" Riptide 55AP does the job (don't want to go 24v)

bigdan123
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
shane it wasnt me 8-) but it was that bloody dead horse :-/

tony i would put the boat in the water before putting the order in for the elect just to get the measurements right ;)

Dan