PDA

View Full Version : DAZZA'S NEW TOY

2DKnBJ
01-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Decided after my last trip it was time to give the Haines a new heartbeat ;)
Went and purchased a new Yammi 115 hp stroke.Picked her up today and went for a bit of a run around the pin.Certainly beats the cr@p out of the old Rude i had on the back.Not sure of the fuel usage but top speed was 72 km/hr.Will test the fuel on the next run.A hell of alot less smoke even with the extra oil for running in and alot quieter.
Anyone thinking of a new motor around this size you wouldn't be dissapointed with one of these.
Cheers Dazza

2DKnBJ
01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
the rig

skippa
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Dazza,

One sweet looking 'heartbeat', mate you will not be dissapointed with the Yammie. You'll be offshore with confidence now.

Can't help but think I've seen that rig somewhere tho ...... Yellow Haines V17R with 115hp Yammie ....
can't place it but it will come to me soon. :)

cheers,
Tony

Brejen
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Onya Dazza. Mate now we'll all have to get together again for another run down here, but this time outwide. Lets get a date happening, this time you boys pick it. Only thing is, you with the new donk on the HAINES, James's and mine 17L not to sure if the Sth/Wind of Skippa's would keep up ;D ;D ;) . Supose we could just run a little slower for him ::) ;) .

Tony you sound as thu you still miss the old girl. :'(

Brett

skippa
02-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Yep,

sorta do actually, always sad to see a good boat go.

Brett, if the guys want a head start no probs, but I'm not giving your 175 one tho.

I guess you spend more time in the servo's tho .... 50lts, 100lts, 150lts.. # :o
excuse me Jen we need a second mortgage, I wanna do another offshore trip #:) [smiley=kiss.gif]

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

2DKnBJ
02-10-2005, 09:03 PM
I will be in for a trip outside any weekend.Just have to get the weather to play ball.will have to look at going out when you get back from Fraser.Might see how the weather is looking next weekend and head out around Mud or maybe have a look around Maclay Is.Atleast i can do an overnighter now without worring about the batteries going flat :D
Cheers Dazza

88fishframe
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi mate. I've got the same motor, only the 130hp. It's 8 months old and I am quite happy with it. It can be a bit of a petrol guzzler but there are ways to run it quite economically. It is of benefit to me to have my Navman 2100 fuel transducer fitted [shows actual litres per hour being used] in order to get revs right. On my boat, a difference of only 500 or so revs can make a substantial difference in fuel economy.

Brejen
02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Dazza the only thing we want flat now, is the ocean. MAte when we get back we'll definately get a trip out.

Tony looking at buying a servo i think would be cheaper.
Mate the Southwind held her own on the last trip. The best thing is i have the marks so you all have to wait for me ;D ;D ;D ::).

So lets get another mini M&G happening again for down here. Know a few that couldn't get to the last that are keen to try again.... Tony what's your next weekend off..

Brett

skippa
02-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Brett,

Next weekend off is 22nd October.

Love the ol Haines, but wouldn't swap the southwind tho ;)

Can come prepared this time, you know enough anchor rope even a sea if needed too.

I'm in ... :) #:)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

Oh yeah, the handheld GPS :D