PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise

karrier
04-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi guys any ideas. I have a new boat only has about 10 trips but I noticed last trip, when I arrive at the boat ramp a straining noise is coming from thr right trailer wheel. After coming in and retrieving the boat the noise had gone. When arriving home backing into the garage could hear it again. After about 10 minutes the noise had stopped. It seems to go after the wheels have cooled down. Is this wheel bearing noise? #most of the trips are to local boat ramps. dealer not to keen to look at it
Cheers Karrier

seabug
04-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi karrier,
Could be brake ajustment,are they disc brakes?
Is there a heat build-up on the hub?(overtight bearing)
Regards
Seabug

karrier
04-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks Seabug no the trailer does not have brakes. I might have to repack the bearings
Karrier

blaze
04-10-2005, 05:37 PM
take it back to the dealer and tell him to bend over. IMO a case of poor pre delivery inspection/adjustments
cheers
blaze

Black_Jack
04-10-2005, 05:48 PM
If what blaze advised doesnt work, I would look at replacing rather than repacking. If it is squealing it may have already caused damage to the bearings.

geoff

Kiktz
04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Mate take it back to the dealer, Not Keen to take a look at it
My Bottom. I would being having a lil hissy fit when the yard is busy
and then see what he says.

Some thing along the lines of " Is this how you treat your customers after
they have bought something from here'

coasty
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
its new make em fix it.
dont let them try to bluff you.
tell them that you are going on a long trip and if a problem arises they will get the bill for the towing back to them for repair.
worked for me.

revs57
05-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Gotta agree...stick it up him like Kiktz said...when the yard is good and busy - if his yard ever gets busy - perhaps a Saturday morning when the punters are out...where do these dealers get off???? >:( >:( >:(

karrier
05-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Thank you for your replies and support. I shall demand the dealer have a look at it. I want to be able to travel with confidence to my destination
Cheers Karrier

Dodge41
05-10-2005, 09:01 AM
As well as getting up the dealer think about installing Bearing-buddies (if they still make them) they were great when I had my trailer boat. You just knock off the grease cap and replace with the buddies, just knock in with a hammer.
If you do this, do it AFTER the dealer does his work he may take it as acheap option to cop out of his warranty job

karrier
05-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Dodge 41
yes they still make bearing -buddies they are on my shopping list . But I don't think I will buy them from the dealer!!!!