PDA

View Full Version : Do you fold down your Centre Console ??

Black_Rat
11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
G'day all,

Was just curious to see if those of you that own a centre console with a windsceen that can fold down, who actually folds it down when towing to or from the ramp. I would think it would be easier to tow with it down but am concerned about the hinges over uneven road surface where the hing might give way giving me half a console #::) given that when it's folded down it doesn't rest on the floor but swings in mid air. I usually keep it up but might fold it down to give less wind resistance when towing #[smiley=idea.gif] and save fuel #:).
What do you do ?

Jeremy
11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I have a removeable windscreen on my CC which I leave on when towing but remove to store the boat in the garage :(

It does amaze me the number of boats I see around being towed with bimini tops or similar erected. Must be alot of wind resistance and wear on the fabric and struts.

Jeremy

The_Walrus
11-10-2005, 06:51 PM
If I had a cc, I'd make it folding if required for storage but I would definitely make the bimini folding.

With a folding cc, tying it down to stop movement would IMO be a good way to reduce any stress on the hinges.

Luc

GBC
11-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Got a canvas cover for the console while towing - no more bugs on the screen.

Black_Rat
12-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Got a canvas cover for the console while towing - no more bugs on the screen.

Never thought of that one, time to get out the needle and threads #;D

Black_Rat
12-10-2005, 11:23 AM
For those of you who responded with 'Whats a centre console ?' #::) ;D
Here's one, mine actually it folds forward #:)

ANYFISH
14-10-2005, 05:42 PM
When i towed with a 2.8l deisel hilux i would pull the 4 screws that held the windsereen in my side consile (it didn't fold down) and took the windscreen off.
I would also take out the bait box that sits above the motor.
I could tell if i forgot to take the sereen and bait box out just by how sluggish the hilux was up the hills #:o ;D
Cheers Anyfish

Sway
14-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I would if I could, but it means removing the screen.
Sway

Kiktz
14-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I towed a mates 18ft tinny, am I mean tinny not plate last week end
What a joke i stopped ont he side of the highway cause i thought the surely
the brake must still be on. It gave alot more resistance and more drag on the car than dads 195 allison.

I would never tow a centre console again with out having a removable screen

Aj