Bill Coreton

(07) 3286 3647

reel_affair@yahoo.com

That's of course if your in Brisbane.

Cheers,
Tony

loggerhead
12-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Ive been thinking about do this course as well - has anyone done it? - is it worth doing??

Black_Rat
12-10-2005, 08:40 AM
I believe philip(burley)thomson has done it #:) :P

magicpudding
12-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Do a serch, it's been spoken about many times before. I don't think there has ever been any negative feedback on it. For beginners wanting to go outside it is a great way to learn. I did it with my folks 4 years ago and it was a very productive day out.

CJ

gropeher
12-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Definite big thumbs up to Bill Corten, I did it 2-3 months ago, I learnt heaps, before that I knew nothing about bars, since then I have crossed it 4 times on my own of course, one day was real hairy out there and I was a little worried, once we got through safe and sound my crew said to me they never once felt a little unsafe, they thought I handled it perfectly. Agood confidence booster.
Just do it as Nike would say, it is a great investment, you will learn heaps and enjoy the day out there also, he is a very knowledegable person, he also works for the fisheries in Qld.

Cheers Ryan..

skippa
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Bill also does offshore fishing courses, I haven't done it yet but its on my 'to do' list.
Mate did it a while back, says it was great.

Covers finding reefs, bait rigging, sounder/gps use, offshore anchoring (brejen) ;) etc.

Starts with a nite of theory then a day offshore.

philip_thomson
12-10-2005, 08:29 PM
thanks damo for the great new nickname am i no longer the brissy river catfish king?

yes i did the bar crossing course about 12 months ago. was great. had a great day and learnt heaps. it certaintly makes you feel more confident in crossing bars. well worth the money.

im also in the middle of doing his offshore fishing course. weather is being a problem. so far it has been great.

i reccomend both to anyone who is serious about there offshore fishing.

Black_Jack
12-10-2005, 08:33 PM
totally worth the money.
i did it at the start of the year.

loggerhead
12-10-2005, 08:54 PM
You guys either all on good commision or this guy is really good - i'm sold

skippa
12-10-2005, 09:16 PM
No commision Logger, he is that good tho ;)

2DKnBJ
12-10-2005, 10:31 PM
The bar crossing course is on my" to do" list.

Skippa
Didn't know he did offshore fishing course.Maybe we should do it at the same time.
Cheers Dazza

skippa
12-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah Daz,

I'm up 4 that. Send me a PM of dates ur free if u like and I'll organise a date. The offshore course is about $350 from memory. Night of theory first, then day on the water.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

cheno
13-10-2005, 08:17 AM
I did it the day that Reel Magic did it. I was apprehensive about spending that sort of money before going but now realise it was well worth it. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to cross the SP bar in particular but the skills you learn are tranferreble to all bars.

Be prepared to be pushed though, you will have to work on the day.

Definitely worthwhile.

cheno

2iar
13-10-2005, 10:29 AM
How much does the course cost?

Thanks,
Mike

philip_thomson
13-10-2005, 10:33 AM
offshore fishing course is $460
but i can't remember the cost of bar crossing somewhere around the $360 mark i think

redspeckle
14-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I have done both cousre's Bar Crossing and Offshore fishing in last 12 months I highly recomonded to any one thinking about going outside of moreton and straddie over the south passage ( I thought i knew it all coming a surf back ground and teach poeple in how to drive inshore resuce boats IRBS ) I learnt heaps from him Bill

Bill just wriitten in todays Courier Mail on the South Passage Bar ( how that bar changes ) and last week on how to fish the close reefs of Moreton and wriite's regular part in offshore in each Fridays paper

Mitch

gropeher
14-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Bar crossing course is $340-00, offshore course is $460-00.
Sounds alot but you wont regret it, well worth the moolaa and insurance policy you feel you get from it, your lifes worth more than that, and the boat secondry is also worth more than that, insured or not.

Ryan.

zulu
15-10-2005, 05:55 AM
I have also done the the bar crossing course, Bill is a great teacher, it gives you a lot more confidence in in those hairy situations. Towards the end of the course he showed us to stay on the back of a breaking wave[about 2-3m] and surf it towards the beach and then turn around and pick our way back out through the breakers, great fun :)
Bar crossing course [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]