PDA

View Full Version : Just got some LED Trailer lights - cheap!

Mojo
14-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I just got some LED trailer lights on ebay under LED Trailer Lights - 70.00 for the pair - they are pretty good. I have seen on the forum from time to time people talking about LED's , so I thought I would pass the info on to others who may want to get some. Mojo

Heath
14-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Any pics of the rear of the lights?

Kiktz
14-10-2005, 07:04 PM
I have seen more of the rectangler ones around for about $40+
dollars a side.

Personally i hav put submecer lights on not that long ago and I could
not be happier. I know when the trailer is hooked up my lights are going to
work.

Aj

Spaniard_King
14-10-2005, 07:39 PM
More info neeeded

test em and a full report would be nice..am I askin too much :-[

PM me with details plz..I gotta get em before Heath..LOL

Garry

Mojo
15-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Garry, below is a pix of the back, one of the wire connector studs is exposed to show what it looks like. It has a small grub screw in there to hold the wire. There are little rubber caps to go over them. I will be plastering them on with a dollop of Sika or silicone or something like that. You can also see the row of LED's for the rego plate. They are really bright. I have hooked one of them up on the bench just to have a look - I am really pleased. The only ones I have seen at close to $40.00 a side are retro fit ones and they did not have the indicator part with them, only stop and tail for that much money. These cost me $70.00 for the pair - I see that there are more of them on ebay this morning for $66.00 pair Mojo

Spaniard_King
15-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Thanks Mojo,

I hope they are as good as they look. The only problem as you have eluded is the wiring getting water ingress.

cheers

Garry

Mojo
15-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Garry, I don't think any water would get into the unit itself, but I think the brass wire connecting point is a bit of a weakness, that's why I am going to wack a dolop of Sika over the brass connector after I have put the little rubber cap on, It possibly is not a problem really, but I guess I am a bit paranoid about water getting in, over the years I have had endless trouble with trailer lights, (like most boaties) so I hope this is the best yet, and LED's are now nearly as cheap as anything else so I am really happy to have LED's Mojo

bungie
15-10-2005, 01:01 PM
try sitting them in a bucket of water for a while before fitting them. They look like they turn to lock into them selves. Might not be all that water tight ? :-/