PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Spray

bj
14-10-2005, 08:29 PM
At the ramp the other day and for the first time had a bit of trouble getting the boat off the trailer. Must be time to clean the rollers etc. got it off the trailer and when parking the car saw a can of silicone spray that I had left in the car when trying to stop a squeak a day or so earlier. Gave the rollers and rails a good dose and when launching the boat today forgot that I had sprayed the trailer with the silicone earlier in the week, and honestly I have never seen a boat leave the trailer as quick as it did today. So from now on I will give it a light spray every couple of trips. This might help others that have a similar problem.

vermin
15-10-2005, 01:02 PM
I could be wrong but if dust ended up on the silicon (on the rails) wouldn't it act a bit like sand paper on a long road trip[smiley=uhoh.gif]?

If it didn't ... great idea.

Lucky_Phill
16-10-2005, 05:52 PM
What was the name of the product ?

I use a spray called " Slipicon" which is a food grade spray, I use on plastic zips, reels etc.

Cheers Phill

-spiro-
16-10-2005, 06:55 PM
i use a can of spray called "Faith" same as Phil's .....food grade silicon spray 8-)

Gbanger
17-10-2005, 11:29 AM
ive been told the lanolin based lubes are the best option as they dont do any damage to plastics or anything...

I picked up some Inox spray for general purpose, the dealer also recommended it for boat use.

bj
17-10-2005, 01:27 PM
It is Helmar H4000 Silicone spray. Yes it is a food grade silicone. Certainly made a big difference to launching my boat.

Rainbowrunner
17-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Id go for the lanolin based stuff too.