PDA

View Full Version : rod holders for bimini

spapstick
10-10-2005, 04:55 PM
has anyone added rocket launcher type rod holders to an existing bimini. my bimini has an extra ally pipe running above the original rear one so it has two pipes parallel to join the holders to.haven't seen any standard ones with clamps on around here but am sure that they are out there somewhere.

boatboy50
10-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey,

Where are you located? I had this job done on the Gold Coast and they did an awesome job.

Search Seaswirl in for sale section within last two weeks and you will see some piccies of it.

Regards

Darren

2iar
10-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Snapstick,

If you find out, could you post it up here. I'd be interested too.

Thanks,
Mike

Fishinmishin
10-10-2005, 09:46 PM
The alloy ones made for on bull bars should do the trick as a cheap option. The only thing is the holders arn't spaced far enough apart for most overheads.
Cheers, Jay

spapstick
11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
chhers lads. i am down in port lincoln south oz. have already had the bimini made but the rod holders i am looking for look exactly like yours darren. who on the goldie did yours mate? might ring them and see if i can get hold of some.

rodbender
11-10-2005, 09:28 AM
gday snapstick bias boating sell a realy good bolt on rodholder that would do the job for u made of s/s if no store in ur state they have mail order goto my profile u should be able to see them on the side of my boat hope this helps :) rodbender

davo
11-10-2005, 07:58 PM
How about this idea. Instead of the rocklauchers try a couple sets for velcro loops under the bimini and mount the rods horizontally under the canopy. I saw the idea while I was on holidays and had them fitted to my bimini. It's very simple and effective. Sorry no pics.

boatboy50
16-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey,

My rod holders were made by Bayline Marine Covers on the Gold Coast.

They did a great job fitting it to the existing bimini, and charged around $300 from memory.

Most of the big trim shops should be able to do it.

I found some were reluctant, hence why two diffent shops did the bimini and rocket launcher.

Regards

Darren

New_fisher
18-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Can I ask if you guys can recommend anyone to do a bimini for an open 4.1 tinny. I have seen a few people and they are all around 850 bucks!! [smiley=hammer.gif] So i thought if somone could recommend someone that they are happy with, I might be able to save a few clams - also do you guys use stainless steel bows or alloy?
Cheers boys, Hurlz