PDA

View Full Version : att. pete. tank shot

DALEPRICE
11-09-2005, 04:22 PM
just some shots to show you how it worked out
pete, all we need now is some good weather.

DALEPRICE
11-09-2005, 04:23 PM

DALEPRICE
11-09-2005, 04:25 PM

familyman
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Dale is that larger hose your fuel filler?Cause if so I was told by pirtek that the pvc will degrade and go to jelly when exposed to fuel .Might be sales crap but I have not used it for fuel transfer.Might pay to check your hoses inside condition ::)
cheers jon

phewy
11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Dale is that larger hose your fuel filler?Cause if so I was told by pirtek that the pvc will degrade and go to jelly when exposed to fuel .Might be sales crap but I have not used it for fuel transfer.Might pay to check your hoses inside condition ::)
cheers jon
Jon, upon closer inspection the larger pipe does not look like PVC, going by the welded end it may be some sort of alum pipe/tube.

familyman
11-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Phewy no I meant the pvc re-inforced hose - full marks for double clamps though :)
cheers jon

phewy
11-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Gotcha Jon ::)
But the hose itself looks like the same sort on many boats. (but I am definitely no expert on the subject either)

DALEPRICE
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
thanks boys,
was gonna unscrew the sealed floor and
check the tank this week. i will look into.
cheers dale

searaider
11-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Geday Dale ,
The Live bait Tank fits in great , looks good . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]ly
Still not sure how to fit one in the Searaider 2 , with the 150 HPDI Yammie its already a bit bum heavy #:-/

There a number of grades of PVC Tubing . There is one rated for fuel , I'm pretty sure it's a braided tube , has a red line running up the tube around the circumference . In the photo it looks like yours does .

Its not the best tube , but is fuel rated and its used in all new boats .
Only problem that I know of , is after a few years ,it goes a bit hard .
If you have to disconnect it for any reason , its better to replace it .
If you dont it should be fine .

Peter
Searaider 2 #

gavsgonefishing
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I was down at Pirtek the other day buying some fuel hose. The new stuff doesn't have the red stripe in the pipe anymore, its white?? Questioned him about it, he assured me its the latest fule hose.....

familyman
12-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Cool, I stand corrected on the hose issue.Good to know that some grades are ok as you see alot of new boats with the clear braided hose fitted but to be honest I've never noticed the different colour stripe and did not know that it indicates different grades [smiley=idea.gif]
Never to old to learn ;)
cheers jon

searaider
16-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Bump

FishFinger1977
18-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Bump :)