PDA

View Full Version : Allison Angler 195, any ideas?

FishFinger1977
12-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi all,
I have recently gone to look for another boat after selling the Savage, an aquaintence is selling his 195 Angler, 150 EFI MERC, full service history and very well looked after 98 model. The boat does need some things like a bait tank as the one in the underfloor storage is rather unworkable I reckon. Apart from that it does anyone have any ideas on how they ride offshore? Or anything regarding these boats as there is not too much on them apart from some old reviews. He is asking 32k neg. Is this a good price?

It has trim tabs, esky, fresh and salt water wash down, koden colour sounder, GPS, cassette radio, rocket launchers and well you get the picture. I was looking at a haines signature 600f but they all seem to be aroung 45-55k a bit much for me at present. I would still have money left to fix things up on it hence why the price tag seems so good. Once again any ideas would be great.

Regards Scott

Pual
13-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi FishFinger,
Iv'e been out a couple of times with a mate in an Allison 21, which I think is the 195 with a full pod. The boat seems to me to be a good allround craft, meaning it rides well in various sea conditions (not perfect but good), it has oodles of deck space ( probably only a little less in the 195), and is a good stable fishing platform (they have a wide beam). The fact that there are no wood stringers is also an advantage if you intend to keep the boat for a long time under floor rot will not be a problem. I do not know whether there is wood in the transom, you could find this out from the factory.
The best way is to go for a ride in this boat, potentially go for a fish if the seller is agreeable, and spend some time in it to uncover the things you see as priorities of what you require in a boat.
A positive point are some of the extras. Are they what you want? Will you need to update them, if so this will come at an extra cost to you.
I like the Allison 21, maybe you will like the 195.
I'm sorry I can not comment on Signatures as I have never had the opportunity to ride in one. What I can say from climbing all over them in boat yards, is that they are a much flashier finish than Allison'a but as you have noted they also carry a higher price tag.
Either way both boats look the goods.
Try them and find out.
Heh, in the meantime you are in one hell of an enjoyable situation. I love shopping for boats, and try to do it every 4 -5 years. Its great fun!!!
Good luck Pual

FishFinger1977
13-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Paul,
Thanks for your feedback as it is appreciated, I have arranged for a test ride on saturday which by the looks of it will give the boat a decent run in some average conditions. You are right about the position and like yourself it is only every 5 yrs or so :( The fishing room is one of the main considerations for me as it is quite larger than any boat of similiar size which means I can take more people out to help with the fuel situation. ;D

Regards Scott

Lacey
13-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi Ive got an allison 189 and to me they are built very strong, cut through chop well but the besest selling point is there stability in rough weather.
Id recommend an allison to any keen boatie

Bluedog

Kiktz
14-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Fishfinger,

Very good boats, Trim Tabs do help adjust the ride.
Over all had ours out in some real icky weather and still kept pace.

http://www.allisonboat.com/

Cheers Aj

FishFinger1977
14-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Bluedog and Aj,
Thanks for the feedback also guys, it is all taken on board and appreciated. I must admit talking to actual owners is more of a sales pirch than a dealer in the showroom.

Regards Scott

MJ
14-09-2005, 12:02 PM
i had one for 12 years. bought it as a demo boat from factory. was very happy with it. very tough. very stable with it's wide beam and deap chines. u wont be disappointed. ;) cheers mike.

FishFinger1977
14-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Mike,
Thanks mate.

DALEPRICE
14-09-2005, 08:56 PM
mate, send searaider 2 a pm and hell give ya a good run down.
dale

Black_Jack
14-09-2005, 09:09 PM
allison makes a boat you will feel safe in..... well i do

FishFinger1977
15-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks once again guys for the input, i've pm'd Searaider 2 and we'll see what he has to say although after reading some of his reports it sounds like I know the answer :) Anyway test is on saturday from Bribie so it should be interesting.

Regards Scott

FishFinger1977
18-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Bump :)

Kiktz
18-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Mate, If you need to I am happy to take you out for a run on The old mans boat. In Fact I would sell it to you........

Just I wanna upgrade..... Honestly Great Boats

Heavy But good, Took ours over the weigh bridge the other day she went
2000kg half fuel of juice and not alot of gear.

Let me know Aj