PDA

View Full Version : Engine RPM.

Home_Wrecker
17-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Got a new boat wish the avatar work.This boat with a #Evenrude 90 Etec does 36 knots full throttle 1 POB full tank at 5300 rpm should rev to 5500 motor has approx 20 hrs.Should I go down a prop size or will this make it harder to get out of the hole.
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Regards
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #Greg H.

fishman7
17-10-2005, 03:17 PM
hi greg
have you try triming your motor out that sometimes give you the more rpm.
cheers
danny

FNQCairns
17-10-2005, 03:32 PM
HW raise the engine one hole and see how you go, you probably will be surprised. cheers fnq

banshee
17-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Mate I think that's prety close depends on the load it will eventualy carry,if you wanted it any better you'd probably have to get the prop you've got opened up half a pitch or as you said go down a size,going to less pitch will make it quicker out of the hole and if you pick up revs at top end there may be no differance in the top end speed.I would suggest you test it with the amount of people on board you are likely to take plus an esky and ice as well as any gear you are likely to use then go from there.

Home_Wrecker
17-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks lads. The motor is trimed to the correct prop to water angle postion at the time of tests, and the transom is 1 degree more negative with the motor full trimed down to help keep the bow down in rought seas at slower speeds which the self leveling trim tabs can not do.IT does 28 knots with two POB at 4500 RPM trimed.
Regards
Greg H.

P.S Will look at prop pitch to see if half size down will help.

hoga
18-10-2005, 08:31 PM
HI GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROCES MY SELF BEEN EXPERERMENTING WITH DIFFERANT PROPS WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT LOAD BOAT TO OPERATING WEIGHT #FIND OUT MAX OPERATING REVS #MINE WAS 4500 TO #5500 GET IT TO REV OUT IN THE TOP 1/2 #NOT A LOT OF DIFERANCE BETWEEN 3 & 4 BLADE PROPS IN CALM WATER BUT 4 BLADE A LOT BETTER OFSHORE I DONT THINK HOLE SHOT IS ALL THAT IMPORTANT ON A FISHING BOAT # #HOPE THIS HELPS HOGA