PDA

View Full Version : anchor rope

longtail
21-10-2005, 08:35 PM
hi all , just bought new anchor rope today ( 100m ) , man , what a mess . have you ever noticed what a tangle you get with a new coil of rope?? :o does this p?ss anyone else off? >:( spent nearly an hour trying to bloody un-tangle it ::)

that's my winge for today ;) ;D

cheers
jason

gropeher
21-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I went out last 4 weeks ago with 100m of new rope, me deckie drops it down and makes a hell of a mess, I ended up spending an hour or 2 on the Sunday untangelling it. I thought it was his fault but you certainly got me thinking now. I actually didnt want to drop the pick in that depth but I gave in to him.
Any hows I'm back out tomorrow and I hope to be posting some form of a decent report tomorrow night.

Cheers Ryan..

Brejen
21-10-2005, 08:42 PM
JAson are you getting ready for the morning. Will catch up at the ramp

Brett

longtail
21-10-2005, 08:49 PM
brett , all ready mate . cant wait first offshore trip off the goldy ;D
seeya in the morning

cheers
jason

finga64
22-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Run the rope out the back of the boat for a few miles (about 5 should do), that takes all the twists and kinks out and breaks in the rope. Don't get it caught in the prop/s though ;)

westie
22-10-2005, 05:19 PM
On new rope rolls draw it from the centre slowly NOT the outside

Your tip for the day ;D

Sorry i didn't tell you before you got the tangles

skippa
23-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Longtail/Westie,

Just bought 150 mts of silver rope and used it for the first time yesterday at the Goldie M&G. I do remember tho the rope peeled off the roll from the middle and when we retrieved it no problems, even if I did a lap around Dazza ::)

Thanks for the tip Westie ... BTW have ya got any knitted rod covers I could from ya yet? :D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Gbanger
24-10-2005, 11:44 AM
had the same problem with 110m of 8mm silver rope.... i didnt make my mate pay for fuel that trip, he got to untangle the thing instead.... ;D ;D