PDA

View Full Version : 540f signature

swivels
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Any one know the best way to set up two batteries on a 540f signature ? Have you got them on one side of the boat or is there
a weight issue.?

Thanks for any info.

Dave
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Swivels, I have the 542F which is basically the same boat. I have just finished putting the 2 batteries in. I put them on the drivers side well at the back. Just got the switch to seperate the 2 or join them from bias. Had them in for a couple of trips now and they dont seem to effect the handling. Can just fit the 2 big marine batteries in on this side.

Dave

swivels
04-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Hainesy thanks for the reply
Thought having twin batteries on one side would cause the boat not sit level stationary or make it lean on the plane .

Dave
04-10-2005, 08:50 PM
swivels, your looking at about 1 ton of boat sitting in the water, the batteries do not make any list in the boat at rest and very very marginal when on the plain. Has not given me any worries or concerns as yet. Always good to have the second battery as a back up. I dont think marshall would hear us hollor out there :)

steve_n
05-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I have a 540F with almost exactly the same setup as hainsey and the weight distribution is not a factor. I have a live tank plumbed up on the other side and listing is not a problem full or empty at rest or on the plane. 8-)

swivels
24-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the input i'll go ahead and put both on the twin battery tray.

maxis
25-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Im not fortuneate enough to have a haines, but did put 2 batteries on drivers side,all was fine till i fitted a transducer and water speed wheel on left side, this produced a list on the plane, as if transducer acted liked a trim tab. something to think about. cya maxis