PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trip

QldKev
24-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Just got back last night from my fishing trip of a lifetime and I though I would share. Been talking to a lady at work about fishing and she mentioned her husband goes offshore for a few; I mentioned I'm interested in tagging along. I've got 2 weeks off and on Tues night got a phone call from her husband; Wed morning at 8am were going out for a few days, just bring clothes and a towel. As I get to the boat I see these guys are pro fishermen, not recreational boys. After a full rundown of the ships manuals and safety gear we set off for Lady Musgrove Island as the anchorage and anywhere out to the shelf. The green zones mean a few more engine hours getting to decent reefs; but once you there it’s like Jurassic Park. Monster Parrot, Snapper, Red Emperor, Red Throats, Sweetlips, even the Hussar were big. I’ve never fished so much that I had to have a break even when the fish were still bighting. I caught more decent fish in the last few days than I have so far in my lifetime; what a buzz. ;D ;D ;D

finga64
25-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Life is good eh. Good on you ;)
Bit jealous though. :-/

revs57
25-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Onya Kev,

It's days/trip like that that keep us going back for more

Rhys

QldKev
25-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I agree; I had almost lost my inspiration for fishing, now time to dust of the old boat and get out there.