PDA

View Full Version : 60 hp Yamaha whats it worth ???

BG
24-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Have got a 1997 oil injected Yamaha 60 hp 566 hrs, power tilt trim, push pull steering ,new prop, all running in good condition.

I am going to trade on new 60 hp yamahe 4stroke and they offerd me $2200 , is this a good trade in price or is it worth selling

privatly. any comments / advice welcome. :) :)

bazzaman
24-10-2005, 08:17 PM
sell private youll always get more...theyll sell it prolly for 4k....

pegasus
25-10-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi BG, agree with Bazza- I think you tend to get more when you sell it private. I have seen a book/magazine around in some newsagents that may give you an idea- it list rrp and second values of o/b. Sorry I cant remember the name. Also some of the mags(Trade a Boat etc) -some dealers advertise o/b s alone so that may give you an idea also.

cheers,

lew

88fishframe
25-10-2005, 07:41 AM
That trade in price, just like when you trade in a car, is only important when taking into consideration the price they quoted for the new motor. Have they discounted the new price and in turn given a slightly lower trade? I have sold a couple of motors lately, 50hp EFI Suzuki and 50hp 2 st Yamaha, my prices were lower than I expected. If the dealer has given you a good price on the new motor, the $2200 for the trade may be the hassle free way to go. Privately I would expect your motor to go for around $3000 to $3500.

Duyz72
25-10-2005, 07:52 PM
You can always go and speak to the different yammie dealers. I got a price difference of up to $500 on a trade in once. You will always get a better price going privately, but remember the dealers will service it, clean it up and sell it to make a profit, so they need to factor that in too.
See what your motor is selling for privately and take $500 off at least.

You can always put it up on e-bay with a reserve and see how it goes.