PDA

View Full Version : 520 Deluxe Supercab?

chiefsimo
28-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Gents.

I was after some advice on the Formosa range of boats - in particular the 520 Deluxe supercab.

Does anyone own one or have any positive/negative experiences with them ?

I am looking to buy a boat that will genreally have 3 people in it fishing, mainly targeting the Pin/broadwater/southern moreton bay area with a bit of offshore work thrown in.

I would be interested in any of your opinions on this boat - good or bad.

Thanks,
The Chief

88fishframe
28-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Got a mate with a 520 formosa and another with a 530 trailcraft. Both rigs I have been in and would consider both ideal for your purposes. However, I'd limit offshore work to the better days as they both bang around a bit and feel a little light coming across any sort of nasty chop.

fishin4fun
28-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Chief sent you a pm..... Rob

chiefsimo
31-10-2005, 09:22 AM
thanks rob.

does anyone else own one or have any feedback with the Formosa range ?

They seem to be a very well priced boat from what i can see.

Black_Rat
01-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Chiefsimo,

I've got the 5.2m C/C and so far am happy with it. Two options I went for was the larger 115ltr tank and a 90 Merc. 90 & 75 are the same motor but the 90 revs higher i beleive. It has a good ride in choppy conditions if you trim the motor out a bit and is constructed a lot more solidily than some other makes on the market in that size and price range. Only critisism I would have is that it can be a little rock and rolly when two big blokes move to one side but the higher sides then other boats makes it safe, in fact it can be a pain in the preverbial to wash ones hands in the water because the sides are that high. #::) If ya want any more info send me a PM (Black_Rat) #:)

Damo

PS: Not sure if you have read this test from there website, not the supercab model but the same hull #:)
http://www.boatsboatsboats.com.au/index.php?id=nb_formosa

PPS: Test is through the Centre Console - 520 - Boat test links