PDA

View Full Version : More VHF dilemas :(

FishFinger1977
02-11-2005, 05:58 AM
Hi all,
I have installed the VHF no problems at all but for some reason I can hear everybody no worries at all however noone can hear me or maybe just not replying :) I have not entered a unique code used for DSC calls that it has asked for as I have not got one yet, could this be the problem? Any ideas would be great. Regards Scott

bj
02-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Mate I can't help you why it doesn't transmit but not having the mmsi number won't be the problem. I have been using my radio for a while now & have only got my mmsi number.

Jeremy
02-11-2005, 07:22 AM
sounds like a problem with the aerial to me. Maybe the coax cable isn't connected right. Try calling up the nearest VMR or CG next time on 73 and request a radio check. If they can receive you, they will tell you your signal strength and clarity.

Jeremy

turkey_beach_boy
02-11-2005, 09:58 AM
May be your microphone. i had same problem could hear everybody but they could not hear me.i did radio check and nobody answers.had mic cheched out and it was rs.check arieal two.

Black_Rat
02-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Does the unit have 1W & 5W settings if so try it on 5W it may be your signal strength is set currently at 1W and the others aren't hearing you #:-/ #and if that dosen't help check the arial

FishFinger1977
02-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys, I did try both hi and low settings, I think the aerial is fine as I can pick up people no worries and I believe that if I can do one than it should send o.k. too...I think so anyway. Might be the mic which is getting looked at next week. Regards Scott

Dave
02-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi I just bought a gme GX 600 VHF. finished putting it in tonight. tried for a radio check and picked up someone at the powerlines at the mouth of the logan river. I am at browns plains. Mabey just the transmit power. i think this unit has a 1w/25w hi/low.

MAD-MIC
03-11-2005, 08:35 AM
I think the aerial is fine as I can pick up people no worries and I believe that if I can do one than it should send o.k. too...I think so anyway. #

That is not true. Just because you can recieve (RX) does not mean you can properly transmit (TX). I had a similar problem. Get you antenna checked.