PDA

View Full Version : Signed up. Was: What Wouuld You Buy?

bidkev
03-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Made me mind up ::) :-/ :o ;D

Didn't like the idea of planning me fishing around whether the boat would fit on top of a Jayco, in fact, didn't like the idea of planning me camping around a Jayco. ;D

Decided that the Jayco could come when I am a *really* old fart, till then, I'd continue to camp canvas, crocs or no crocs and spend the money on a bigger tinnie but still manageable. It'll also double as a trailer for the camping gear :D

Settled for a 3.95 stacer sea sprite pushed by a 25 long handled merc. Fancied the pro-line punt for the stability at rest but it can get pretty sloppy at the pin so the sprite won by a whisker when it comes to cutting through Bermuda chop :D. Can't wait to get back to basics and might even try them new fangled rubbery things that wobble :-)

Seems an eternity since I sank a crab pot.........Hayes inlet........look out! (Plenty of catties in there) ;D

kev

Gbanger
03-11-2005, 04:22 PM
sounds like fun, good luck on the trip... taking delivery of it soon, or do you have the usual 6 weekish wait.

PinHead
03-11-2005, 04:35 PM
you still got the Whittley Kev?

MIKOS
03-11-2005, 04:39 PM
See ya at the pin Kingtin.

Are ya goin to put the word kingtin on her. ;D
Congrats,it sounds like a nice purchase. ;)

MIKOS

bidkev
03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
sounds like fun, good luck on the trip... #taking delivery of it soon, or do you have the usual 6 weekish wait.

Cheers mate. No, signed today, take delivery mid next week. Had to have the engine come up from the other branch and wait for the bimini.

kev

bidkev
03-11-2005, 05:10 PM
you still got the Whittley Kev?

Yeah mate. Just needed to get back to basics. Missing the trips that I used to do in the Pine with Kingtin...........a few muddies and some mullet in the cast net'll make me a new man ;D

kev

bidkev
03-11-2005, 05:13 PM
See ya at the pin Kingtin.

Are ya goin to put the word kingtin on her. ;D
Congrats,it sounds like a nice purchase. ;)

MIKOS

Probably name her Sole Searching II Mikos. Might be down at the Pin in the Whittley this weekend, depending on weather...............weather or not the deckie will let me go ;D

cheers

kev