PDA

View Full Version : 30 Tohatsu

southernson
03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
What are these motors like, reliability, performance wise?
Ne info be great
Cheers

krause69
03-11-2005, 07:23 PM
well we went on a house boat last chrisy holidays and had a putt putt with it and it had a 5 horse power tohatsu and it work really well even trough they are cheap compared to other motors hope this works you

scott_b
05-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Gday southernson
Mate Iv'e got a 25 hp, bought it new Feb 2002 and use it twice a week in the fresh , hasn't missed a beat (touch wood).
wamjam

Goodoochaser
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Southenson,

I own a 2003 model 30 HP Tohatsu, even though the badge says Mercury. the one I have is the 2 cylinder 430cc motor.

It has been a good reliable performer so far, although they are a little noisey and rough when idleing, not a good choice if you want to do a lot of slow trolling work, in saying that though, I have used it for trolling work and it did the job with no plug fouling or stalling at low speed.

The motor is currently fitted to a 4.2 Stessco Catcher RV which is quite a heavy boat fitted out in its current form. full flooring casting decks and auto pilot electric with 120amp deep cycle battery. plus every thing else that opens and shuts.

With 2 adults aboard this rig pulls a top speed of 40ks per hour and cruises very efficently at 30ks (GPS checked on fresh water) moter is fitted with a Permatrim foil and this seems to lift it out of the hole really quick and holds the boat on plane at much slower speeds than you would normally expect.

Pretty Happy with the total package so far.

Cheers,

Howard

southernson
06-11-2005, 02:49 PM
thanks for the info boys. Sounds like there a good motor.
Cheers