PDA

View Full Version : yamaha digital guages

s-pac
06-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi all,
Went for run on saturday and the trip meter and speedo sections are not working (on zero), every thing else on gauge is working fine. I presume a pick-up of some sort is blocked. Checked manual for any reference, no luck. Hopefully is something simple that I can fix.
Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards Andrew

lil_boatie
06-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Im not sure about this but maybe it hit its maxium amount, once again im not too sure about this. Good luck.

snapmac
06-11-2005, 09:17 PM
My Yamaha 130 has experienced similiar symptoms. In my case the speedo inlet port was blocked. This inlet is located on the vertical leading edge of the lower leg of the outboard motor. It is approximately 6 cm above the axis line of the propellor shaft. The hole is very small and has roll pin insert. Im my case the hole was filled with splittered wood. The wood or contamination can be carefully cleaned out by hand using a tiny twist drill. Sorry no power tools. You dont want to break the drill. Half way the leg assembly there is a join in the tubing which if disconnected will allow you to back blow to ensure the line is clear. As always if you dont feel comfortable about this procedure seek professional advice. Fortuneately, this problem has only occurred twice in thre years. I hope this helps.

drb
07-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Also check the tubing that leads from the leg to the guage. If this is pinched or kinked readings will be inaccurate or zero.

Mine was kinked when the dealer fitted it so if you boat is new that might be the problem.

Dazz

Fordo
07-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi S-pac,
I think you'll find the little hole is blocked, Ours did the same a couple of months ago,
A small piece of wire will most likely clear the hole.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions for these gauges?
I would like to change the units which our gauge read in but haven't been able to crack the code, no matter how many buttons I push.

Perhaps they could be scanned and emailed or faxed to us

Fordo

snapmac
07-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Fordo,
If you are trying to change the units between kmh, mph or knots there are switch on the back of the indicator hidden beneath a little cover. The two switch orientation for my unit is as follows. both switches up = kmh righthand switch up and lefthand switch down = mph both switches down = knots . I hope this helps !!!

Snapmac

2DKnBJ
07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Fordo
This may help as well
Cheers Dazza

s-pac
07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for responses.
Motor has 230 hrs, been serviced 9 weeks ago and have had 5 good runs since then. Small in-take hole on right side of motor seems to be clear, pushed heavy mono in, but didn,t feel to be going up a pipe. Maybe there is my problem the pipe has come off intake inside leg? Spoke to a mechanic today coming out later in week to have a look.
Regards Andrew

Skipsta
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I would disconnect the clear tube at the join near the steering mechanism near the motor (If yours has join here.) Give it a good suck and blow each direction to see which end it may be blocked. :)