PDA

View Full Version : Oil injection quantity.

Burley_Boy
06-11-2005, 05:45 PM
After rebuilding the old 40Hp Yammie I decided to check the oil injection into each cylinder. As I'm preparing the rig for sale I wan to ensure there is no problems there.
According to the book it says it should inject 0.7cc to 1.1cc oil per oil line per 3minutes of idling at 1500rpm.
Now please excuse my maths here but is that 7ml to 11ml of oil we're talking about. It is certainly injecting less than that but I'm not too worried as we're running premix since the rebuild but can someone confirm the maths for me please.
If it is not injecting enough I will disconnect the oil injection rather than risk running too lean. The oli injection should mix 50:1 on idle and at high revs I think it drops to 200:1.

Kendall249
06-11-2005, 06:00 PM
1 cc (cubic cm), therefore 0.7 cc & 1.1cc is equal to 0.7ml and 1.1ml respectively.

Burley_Boy
06-11-2005, 07:36 PM
1ml doesn't sound like it would fill a 1cm x 1cm x 1cm container. :-/

Spaniard_King
06-11-2005, 08:10 PM
BB,

I think you will find that 2 stroke engines require more oil at higher revs, hence the oil injection actually is lesser at low revs and about 50:1 at high revs.

don't take any chances...premix

Garry

frankj
06-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi BB

Definitely 1 cc = 1 mL.

By the way, congratulations, looks a nice boat.

Burley_Boy
08-11-2005, 09:16 PM
ok
Thanks Frank, you'll have to check the new rig with me when we get into spottie season, expect a call in January mate. I really need a Bimini though or we'll fry!
So doesn't CC stand for cubic Centimetre, is it Cubic centilitre or am I just confused (I Know I am)...

Thanks too Garry, I'm just checking the oil injection to ensure it is within specs for the new owner, if it is they can make their own decision, if not I will ensure it stays on premix, running it rich since the rebuild anyway so I'm not too worried. Sounds great since the rebuild but needs a tune.

frankj
08-11-2005, 09:37 PM
yes cc = cubic centimeter, 1000cc = I Litre = 1000 mL, must admit when you think of a 5ml teaspoon and a 5cm * 1cm * 1cm object they dont seem to equate, but thats physics for you.

Can't wait for them spotties.

Hagar
08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
BB

You could try taking off the rod from the carby linkage to the oil pump if the engine is running pre - mix and turning the oil pump quadrant towards max rpm direction . The oil supply should increase markedly . Is the quadrant lined up with the idle marker at idle ? Gary is right on - less at idle and more at full throttle .

Chris