PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wheels

2iar
11-11-2005, 02:30 PM
This might sound dumb (probably because it is), but how do I determine which type of wheel I've got on my (Mackay) trailer?
I need to get a spare wheel, and don't want to have to take a wheel off and walk into a chandlery to match it. Now that *would* be dumb :D I know this as I've done it before for my previous trailer... :-[

Thanks,
Mike

Black_Jack
11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Mike

you can measure wheel stud to wheel stud.

geoff

GBC
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM
you can ring mackay with the model of the trailer, but i'd reccomend measuring the axle size first as that will determine what ends are on it and they'll probably ask for this info

dnej
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Digital camera, plus measurements,plus pattern?
David

Mick_the_Fish
11-11-2005, 05:37 PM
If you have a ford or a holden car, try fitting the spare wheel on the trailer, you will quickly find out,

Cheers, Mick 8-)

Dignity
11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Mike, as said measure the distance between the studs or try and fit existing car wheel. also I took a set of my spare bearings in and measured them up against a new set to make sure I had the right type (ford bearings in my case). BTW will you be around next friday for a beer or two?

Cheers Sam

Black_Jack
11-11-2005, 09:48 PM
note that you can have holden stud pattern with ford bearings

Mad-One
12-11-2005, 06:13 AM
IT would also pay to have diameter of the centre hole
Cheers Phil

2iar
14-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I think I've got it sussed...

BTW will you be around next friday for a beer or two?

Cheers Sam

Hi Sam,

Sorry to do this to you again, but I'll most likely be heading up to Noosa for a long weekend around Friday lunch time.

I'm definitely still keen to hook up - it just seems when you're available I'm not and vice-versa. Hopefully, we'll manage a beer soon...

Sorry to hear about the mishap with Dignity.

Good luck,
Mike

Dignity
14-11-2005, 07:43 PM
no worries - the following friday is still available in my calendar

Sam