PDA

View Full Version : you know those days - nothing goes right!

cooky
13-11-2005, 06:52 PM
should have stayed at home today. :'(

Left home at 4.45 after deciding with bro-inlaw to head out this morning about 10pm last night. Trying to be quiet in the dark (1 year old with bedroom metres away), I thought I'd hitched the trailer solid. Still half asleep I make it about 100 metres before by boat and trailer decide to detach themselves from my 4x4 and travel on their own. My boat didn't want to go out today (still asleep too) so then proceeded to mount a driveway, head across 2 metres of grass, take out a small palm tree and come to rest at 90 degrees across another driveway. So I stop the car as you do, get out expecting lights, camera, action from houses (no one). I jack the trailer up, get the trailer back on jockey and my broinlaw comes around - we pull it down the driveway and re-attach. Left a note for house and decided to give fishing a go anyway (luck must get better). No damage to boat or trailer except for my poor canopy (met it's fate with lower branches of large tree.
We pick up a mate, head across to Salamander reef and start trolling. (this incident had put us about 45mins behind schedule. I get a big hit and something large is having a ball jumping and shaking out of the water (3 times) I am at the same time madly winding in with no pressure on the line - what the? I get the line back in and the expensive wire lead (the ones with swivel, etc already there) was missing everything bar the swivel (rated 80lb) - swivel in good nick. Weird but true - pissed me off because we got nothing after this apart from a fantastic braid tangle while trolling - great way to spend 30 minutes untangling. Then my bro-inlaw decides to troll over part of salamander and lose both our Wog heads (so thats $50 in lures for me today).
Anyway we decide to cut our loses and head home.
Bro-inlaw goes to get my car, 10 minutes later he's back saying my car battery is farkin flat! he must have left lights on. Coastguard has no jumper leads (they're out in the boat!!). Ask a fair few people and no ones got any. In the process of getting someone to buy us some when bloke arrives at ramp - great - start car and head home.

Unfortunately by this time I'm running late for a meeting at work and have to have a shower, etc at mates house close by while bro-inlaw drives car home.

THen play soccer - arriving late because late for meeting - tell another player had a crap day - I'm bad luck - 3 minutes later he's on the ground with a dislocated shoulder.

So I'm at home praying I survive and tomorrow's a better day :)

P.S. my safety chain didn't work :-X

Spaniard_King
13-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Cooky OMG

Where do ya live, just incase I need to stay home for a few days to avoid you :-X

Bad luck mate, at least ya got a trip in :-[

What failed on ya chain..surely not the chain itself ::)

Garry

revs57
13-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Cooky you must've kissed a chinaman in another life ;D ;D ;D

there's always tomorrow...we all have days like that every now and then...well...maybe not ;D ;D ;D

thanks for sharing so we can laught at, ooops, I mean laugh with you ;)

Cheers

rhys

cooky
13-11-2005, 07:30 PM
yep trying to figure out why I posted that. Must be overtired.

good to vent (or share)

Life's usually good, so thought I'd share a bad day - hope to not have one for a LONG time.

not the chain - the shackle on the chain. Was on the boat when I bought it, however I was going to replace because I didn't know it's rating - now I know it's rating "not enough"

Burley_Boy
13-11-2005, 08:17 PM
ouch cooky, I feel for you mate. Look after yourself mate and take it easy for a while, you'll be back, lifes great, ;)
You'll be back in a big way next time

fishermick
13-11-2005, 08:35 PM
hey cooky,
Blame the bro in law...its his fault. his idea to go fishing at last moment...he wasnt there to help you hook the boat up...(boat leaving car, his fault).. #bet he touched your rod...(losing big fish, #his fault)...Trolling over salamander and losing rigs (his fault..he was driving) #then getting back to ramp and having a flat battery in your car because....guess what!! bro in law left the lights on! you were a game man letting him drive your car home mate!
#Any way glad to hear you all survived the day....and #this is all tongue in cheek mate :P
3 weeks mate #and the Norhbank is here....hanging out!!! 8-) 8-)

rajawolf
14-11-2005, 01:49 AM
LOL and i thought i have bad luck..... :-?

cooky
14-11-2005, 07:00 AM
fishermick - i actually think you're onto something there. I'll blame him.

I guess it was a lucky day really - boat is okay, I'm okay.

revs57
14-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Now that's THE perspective!!!

stunnedmullet
15-11-2005, 10:51 AM
thanks for not calling me for a fish cooky ;D Your luck SUCKS
The mullet