PDA

View Full Version : rocket launchers

New_fisher
15-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I am trying to put up some rocket launchers (rod holders) that attach to the back of the bimini, does anyone know where you can buy these from or do you have to get these made - I'm not sure how to attach them to the back strut of the bimini - any ideas, thanks Gents,
Hurlz

Burley_Boy
15-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Have to show some picks of your rig. Bimini is usually made of brushed aluminium and rocket launchers in SS to make them strong enough.
If you just want some rod holder to use while at rest then it's not that hard to get some clamps and pipe and fit a $50 Aluminium bullbar style holder or something. I just had a couple of rod holders mounted to the uprights in the bimini to hold rods while at rest in my earlier boat. Worked great.
Solution depends on your budget and use.

New_fisher
15-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Burley Boy, mate thanks for your help, the bimini is made of 25mm stainless, i was hoping for a rail that could attach on the sides to the rear strut of the bimini, hopefully with around 6 rod holders - yours is a great solution, if I can't get my idea to work, I will give that a go, cheers, Hurlz

Aaron_Fogarty
16-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Burmuda make a range of variations that may suit. other than that a good chandlery shop will have a good selection of canopy bits. You could hinge a piece stainless off your existing canopy and Rivit two supports to hold it out, weld a piece of flat stain plate between the supports , this provides a moutning space for an anchor light and GPS. We did it on a sportfish canopy and it come out great. The important thing is strength, 6 rods is alot of weight up there in rough water.
cheers
Aaron