PDA

View Full Version : Bow and Transom

smokie
17-11-2005, 10:34 AM
What is the best combination of Bow and Transom mount Electric motors? Should they have equal thrust, ot what?

ssab1
17-11-2005, 08:10 PM
;) ;)pick one motor (minnkota) suited to your boat size mounted on bow more efficient and easier to control. on a canoe obviously mount rear or side.dont expect a lot of speed theyre trolling motors.for fresh in salt mount a sacraficial anode(from boat stores) and spray heavily with lanospray or wd40 .2yrs no problems yet.

The_Walrus
17-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Nothing wrong with using a bowmount in a canoe. In fact it's better than mounting a transom mount electric on the side.

As in a boat, a bowmount at the front of a canoe is far more efficient than a transom mount in any other location.

The only hassle is making an adaptor so that the mounting plate is level & secure.

Luc

ssab1
18-11-2005, 06:00 PM
:-[ :-[ :-[ not being versed in canoes i totally overlooked that concept but sure it would be more efficient but the engineering would require a smarter bloke tha me in saying that luc cant say i come across a bow mounted canoe . would be interesting to see do you know whos got one.