PDA

View Full Version : Bought a New boat

Tassie_Boy
17-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, not exactly new as its had two previous owners.

5m Midnite Marine Ally Tinny, ex West Coast Cray tinny complete with extra high sides and lifting points for lifting onto a mother ship ( no I don't have a mothership but if I did I already have lifting points #;)). #60hp enduro tiller steer and ??? well not much else. #Its pretty basic. #Came with an Eagle fish finder still in the box and .. hmm ... a trailer!!! # :). #I built a deck for it out of wood from the tip shop, turned out great and now I wished I had spent the money and used decent timber and marine ply. #I expect it will rot in a year or two and I'll get another chance. ;D

I have some photos and will put them up when I work out how.

Learning heaps, 1st proper trip we lost the anchor #:-[and broke the winch :'(. #Expensive lessons but the value of good rope, an appropriate winch and how to retrieve the boat will never to be forgotten.

Already covered it in fish blood after landing a half decent skate( there are great to eat but are they worth the effort of cleaning? ) and a few flatties. #Cray season is in full swing and apparently the Squid are B.I.T. so it should see plenty of action.

Cheers

Jon

rajawolf
18-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi Jon,
Good feeling when you get a new boat, but lots of mistakes and a lot to learn ..i have had simular problems too ..like leaving the winch handle at home ..then when i did remember to take it ...i lost it :-[...soon as you can post those pics.

Cheers,

Tony

Mick_the_Fish
18-11-2005, 06:45 AM
A lot of satisfaction doing it yourself, but there is a trap, you just keep pouring the money in and it never stops, Oh Well,

Good Luck with it and looking fwd to the pics, Mick

DNO40
18-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Best of luck to you in your adventures.

DNO

Relaxed
19-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi Jon,

You can't go wrong with a Midnite Marine tinny, tough as nails! [smiley=hammer.gif]

Good to see you blooded it already.

I plan to go off Port Sorell Sunday to see if the Squid are around (weather permiting), will let you know how I go. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Cheers Andy.

ps; Don't take all the Cray, leave a couple for me. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

blaze
19-11-2005, 09:36 AM
ha what weather, ya mean that mongrel bloody wind
cheers
blaze

noluck
20-11-2005, 12:18 AM
all the best with new rig
cheers no_luck