PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Boat Holidays?

2iar
15-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a publication listing locations and accomodation which are good for taking the boat for family holidays?

The reason I'm asking is that we're heading up to Noosa between Xmas and New Year (as we normally do). We'd like to take the (new) boat, but are a bit concerned about the security (it would be parked on street, and not necessarily that close to our unit), and have to launch and retrieve every day.

When we had the old tinny it wasn't a drama. We stay at Noosa Harbour Resort on Quamby Place, and you could just park the trailer reasonably close by after launching, and beach the tinny out the front of the resort for the week. This isn't nearly so practical in a fibreglass boat.

If there aren't any publications around that might help with this, are there any suggestions on where to head in future?

Thanks for any advice,
Mike

boatboy50
20-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey Mike,

Thought id bump this for you.

I personally can recommend the Moby Dick Motel at Yamba (Northern NSW).

Its a great location with waterside jetty, moorings for boats, and ample car and boat trailer parking. The management encourages boats and has wash and flush facilities available.

I stayed there years ago and enjoyed great fishing, both inshore and offshore, and had a ball with the tube in the river.

The prices are good being a motel style, and the location is fantastic, only about 3? hours south of Brisbane

Regards

Darren

JubJub
20-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I just got back from 3 days at Illuka. We stayed at the Riverside Caravan park and its a top spot.
We also checked out a few other parks while we were doen there and I was really impressed with the Big4 park, Heaps of room and a real nice quiet spot with there own ramp etc and maybe 15 minutes out of yamba.

Any_Weather
20-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Mate how dont know how you are situated in regards to camping but the Munna Point caravan park at Noosa is a perfect spot for fisho's. It has its own boat ramp (sand but still very good), good fish cleaning facilities and as you know a perfect river to fish or even better offshore if thats what you fancy. I would thoroughly recommend this spot to anyone.
Lee

pirate_pete
21-11-2005, 04:51 PM
A couple of years back I stayed on the Gold Coast at Palm Beach in a unit with noway in hell of getting the boat in the undergound car park so I contacted the local Self Storage mob at Currumbin they charged me about$50 for the 2 weeks I was there for a small lockup for the gear and the boat was left in their locked up yard under a light with full security, Just a thought worked for me

Regards
Pete

2iar
22-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys,

I spent the weekend at Culgoa Pojnt reosrt in Noosa. It has a small marina (probably about 10 berths). No secure parking for the trailer, but I invested in one of those Klamp-Its. It's a bit on the expensive side and would be a shocker over Christmas (fully booked), but a great location (the other side of Munna Point).

Pete - I'd already considered the storage option, but that was a bit of a drama over Christmas too.

Thanks again,
Mike

GBC
22-11-2005, 02:00 PM
G'day,

we've stayed at Noosa Pacific (white one just over the water from you next to the VMR) two years running. It has private moorings, and trailers are left on the street (fairly quiet). Good thing is you can check the bar and offshore conditions while having a beer on the balcony. Might be worth a look next time?

C.J.