PDA

View Full Version : Formosa Boats?

mjc85
24-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey can anyone vouch for formosa boats ? What are they like ? Strong ? Good ride etc.

I have been looking at boats for a while now and have made a few different posts but am still unsure what i really want but i think at this stage i am after a centre console. I really wanted a plate alloy but the price is a bit crazy, so i am now looking at formosas.

They do a complete 4.8m package for $20k and a 5.2m package for $24k

But i would like to know how they go and whether they have many problems etc.

Mitch

MrWong
24-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi there Mitch
Mate you sound like me three months ago, just ask Pegusus and TonyM. I looked at heaps of plate alloys and was about 3 hours from commiting to buying a 5.2m Fromosa Centre Console. I did lots of research. I believe for what it is the Fromosa is a great rig. I had some positive imputs from Ausfish people bout the boat (give Fromosa1 a pm he loves his 5.2). I was looking at 5.2 with upgraded fuel tank live bait tank and other extras , though I was strongly advised to upgrade the hull from the chined pressed bottom hull to the plate bottom version and I believe that is the way to go.
Any hoo why dont I have one ??? I have a 5.2 m POLYCRAFT Centre Console and I love it! It rides like a 6m Ally and I just cant fault it! All up my price for a 5.2 Poly all rigged out was cheaper than the final price on the 5.2 Fromosa (including custom paint and other options - plate floor etc)
My final turn from Fromosa to Poly was the dealer attitude, I had a weird feeling at the Fromos Shop a feeling that was very "but theres more - demtel add - trust me she will be right :-/
Where as Martine Marine were just brilliant with the sale of my Poly!
Come for a ride in the Poly any time you will be amazed!
Regards
Norm
:)

mjc85
24-11-2005, 05:35 PM
What did your poly total at ? does it have a Pod for the engine or is it directly on the transom?

Mitch

MrWong
24-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Pod mounted 115hp suzuki
Have a look a couple of pages down at my post
MY NEW POLYCRAFT CC
plenty of pics etc there
under 30 000 with lots and lots of extras that were add ons with the other and it ended up 32000
Martin Marine well worth the drive
:)

Black_Rat
25-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Mitch,

I've got the 5.2m C/C and i'm stoked with it ;) with the plate bottom you'd have a little more weight and an upgrade in motor from the 75 might be the way to go. I went for the pressed bottom, 90 2stk Merc and the larger 115ltr tank. Haven't done much offshore work but have been in Moreton Bay quite a few times and handles Moreton Bay 2ft chop really well, just trim it out and keep the throttel down. I get 65 kp/h WOT with 2 onboard and a bit of gear. If ya want any more secifics send me a PM :)
Damo.