PDA

View Full Version : Old Boats

bj
25-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Something that I have wondered about for some time. What happens to old boats. Over the years I have seen many boats come & go. But where do they go to. Old cars end up being recycled or something like that but I never see any old boats being recycled especially glass ones. There used to be boats like Pongrass, Easyrider, Silverline, Bucanneer, Reefcraft the old Haines etc the list goes on & on some of these were popular in there day but I never hardly ever see them now, so where did they go?

longtail
25-11-2005, 08:59 PM
hi bj , can't speak for the other brands but up until recently i owned a 17' pongrass runabout , great boat served me well , it went as a tradein for my new rig . i was told at the time that the boat would be going to a local high school to be used as a project for marine studies students. if this happened then i think that is a good thing.

jason

the pongrass

longtail
25-11-2005, 09:03 PM
the new one

strongy
25-11-2005, 09:34 PM
My father in laws got a Haines Formula 233 in his back yard he doesn`t know what to do with , do it up sell it trade it , he just tinkers with it then covers it up again for another day , there must be hundreds of old boats under tarps in backyards like this . Mick.

skippa
25-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Spent many hours in the old mans Pongrass Jase, was a great little boat, 15fter runabout with 80hp johnno. Damn I was only 3 when dad got his first boat .... that was only 18years ago ::) ::) ;D

great old boat but.

rajawolf
26-11-2005, 01:11 AM
The bulldozer at the tip does a good job of making them flat. ;D

Fishin_Dan
26-11-2005, 02:56 AM
I think they end up in Blaze's & FNQ's backyards!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Strongy - Sounds like my restoration at the moment!!! ;)