PDA

View Full Version : BLUE FIN 4.75 PHANTOM

JENNYGROUP
20-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying a 4.75 Blue Fin Phantom and am curious if anyone has had any problems with the blue fin boats. The boat looks to be finished very well and the layout is exactly what I want for the fishing I do, but I am curious how they ride, are they too heavy, and how well do they stand the test of time in relation to the decks and hatches. The other dilema I've got is what donk to put on it. I really like the idea of a Optimax or E-tec 75 for the power and fuel economy, but am VERY concerned with the noise factor. I've currently got a 4stroke Yamaha on my present boat and love the quietness and smooth running and would love to get another one, but Yamaha don't make a 75(75 is the max for the boat), so I'd be limited to the 60hp. Has anyone had any trouble with the hybrid motors and has anyone put a 60 on this boat and found it underpowered?

ShaneJ
20-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Mate you can probably go with an 80 Yammy on the boat. You just have to check out the max weight the boat acn handle engine wise.
My TABS spec is for a 75hp max but I could of fitted an 80hp with no problem! I just couldn't afford it :(

beatle
21-11-2005, 05:17 AM
Blue Fin boats are an excellent boat, well made, solid and good quality . I have had three of them and have the 4.5 centre console at present. The people at the Blue Fin factory are really nice people to deal with as well they are so friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them.

Smithy
21-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Motty is selling the BASSPro grand final prize boat if you are after a deal. Comes with Yamaha 4 stroke 60, 2xEagle Sounders and a Motorguide electric. Offers around $20,000. What price are you being quoted on the 475?

Mick_the_Fish
21-11-2005, 07:49 AM
I have a Bluefin Predator with a Mariner 50 and it is an excellent boat. Handles and rides very well and quite often take the family over to Moreton. With a family of five, all the fishing gear, snorkelling gear and eskies the 50 still gets out the hole very easy and pushes at a very good speed.

These are a well finished boat and have had excellent service/advice from Mick at Mr T's Timmies.

Mick :)

razorline
21-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Mick,
I've got a Blue Fin Viking with a Yamaha 75hp enduro tiller. I give it a pretty hard time and don't have any problems.
Razorline

Gbanger
22-11-2005, 04:49 PM
i have a bluefin bowrider 5.25 ... no problems at all so far with the exception of some splitting in the upholstery... (very small)

have a 90 4 stroke and gets around 32 knots

ABZ
22-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Yamaha don't make a 75(75 is the max for the boat),

Yamaha make the 80hp efi 4stroke, if you really want a 4 stroke you may want to look at the Mercury 75hp 4 stroke efi. It uses the same powerhead as the Yamaha 80hp. The main difference that i know of is that it uses a different efi system and is geared is a little different.

[smiley=wink.gif]

JENNYGROUP
22-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that men. By the sounds of it, the build of the boat should be worth my while. I think I'm going to stick to the Yamaha 60 4 stroke. It might not be a rocket, but I think it should get along alright. The fuel consumption will certainly be less than a bigger, heavier donk.

Rainman
22-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Jennygroup - i'd seriously look at a 2-stroke - your friends won't laugh at you too much

razorline
23-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Sorry guys, Yamaha do make a 75hp 2stk in their enduro model, I've got one. ::) ::) Talk to Col at Sundown Marine. ;)
Cheers Razorline

Shell
23-11-2005, 04:38 PM
We just bought the bluefin 5.25 bowrider.... only been out once in it so far but many more trips to come

warrior
24-11-2005, 09:48 PM
how are you going ,i have a warrior and my mate has a phantom with the etec 75 on it and we both cant question the boats,mr ts tinnies do great deals and there is a second hand phantom in the yard at the moment .it is the boat that was at the boat show this year it has all the goodies on it ,and its in color phantom purple for good looks. cheers and good luck with your decision.

JENNYGROUP
26-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Warrior, how loud is the etec and what's the fuel economy like? Has your boat or your mate's boat got the plastic hatches on the live well etc and if so, how do you find them. I stood on them on that boat in the yard at Mr T's and they bowed so much I thought that I was going to fall through them, so I'm thinking about getting them replaced with wooden hatches. Also, those crap plastic hinges on everything looked like they'd last about 12 months before they'd start to pull out. What'd do you think?
Jennygroup