PDA

View Full Version : Capacity Labels

redspeckle
25-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I open up my December issue of Bush & Beach Mag
On page 3 was about its law from September 1 2005 to have Capacity Labels on all recreational ships in Queensland :o don't have one on boat will be fined
The capacity labels are intented to reduce the risk of overloading of boats which can lead to capsize and drowning
So here is the link to Maritime safetyQLD site so you can read the rules http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/capacity_labels
So I am now going to order one and put in my boat before I head out next time ( couldn't find my on my boat)
Mitch

Foxie
25-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Redspeckle
you can pick the labels up at your local boating dealerl

Bugs
26-11-2005, 08:42 AM
This was advised in August 2004 and official in september 2005 in conjunction with the changes to servicing of Epirb's, fire extinguishers and several other recreational change requirements.

Any_Weather
27-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Guy's< I do believe even if your boat is fitted with a factory capacity plate you do still need to fit one of theses stickers as the sticker/plate must be within 1 metre of the steering position and easily identified. I have heard some people tell me that becuase they have a factory plate, they do not require this sticker, I do believe this is NOT correct.

Lateral_LIne
27-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I asked this of the NSW Maratime guys around 6 months ago. They told me that it is their stcker that must be in place and that "matters" not the manufacturers one (though they are commonly the same). They happily gave me a sticker and told me how to apply it etc. They were very helpful.

strongy
27-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I just ordered my second lot of labels (sold a boat with the first lot on ) from the link in redspeckles post , just fill in the infomation and they post them to you , easy Mick