PDA

View Full Version : Best trailer for quintrex hornet

ynotaj
27-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I need to buy a trailer for a quintrex 4.35m hornet trophy but not sure on what to get. What do other hornet owners use. I was going to get a redco trailer just the standard type with rollers up the middle and skids or slides on the sides, but some friends suggested I go with a multi roller type of trailer as they allow you to get the boat on and off on your own easier and as the hornet will be heavy they will be kinder to the hull than the slides, also who sells boat trailers.

Thanks guys
Tony

tonyp
27-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi Tony,

When i had my 4.35 hornet, i had it on a Dumbier 4.4 centerline model. #It was a great trailer and i had side console, which i drove my boat on.

They are better built than some other trailers and good to tow. I dont think you need a multy roller trailer with that size boat. The centerline is what it says, with rollers all the way down the middle which the boat will sit on,,,,,,and long skids on the sides to support the hull.

Good luck.

Look here http://www.dunbiermarine.com/trailers_center_line.htm

ynotaj
28-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Where on the goldcoast or tweed is a good place to buy boat trailers.

sf17fisherman
28-11-2005, 09:49 AM
yeh i would stay clear od rollers on a quinny hull as all you will end up with is a dented hull

center rollers and skids will be fine and look at getting a set of retriva-mates for tin boats (look like two small skids turned side on that mount next to the last roller on the back)

even with that set up you will be able to launch and retirve on your own and even drive it on if you wish too

tonyp
28-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Where on the goldcoast or tweed #is a good place to buy boat trailers.

Try Hinterland marine miami 55728166

and tweed coast marine, Num ? look in fone book for them sorry. I know both of them stock Dunbier anyway.

good luck.