PDA

View Full Version : VMR-Professional Service from Volunteers

saphire
28-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Hello Everybody,
I have not been here for a long time and its so nice to be back.
Just want to congratulate VMR and thank them for their fantastic work in keeping us safe on the water.
Recently my husband and myself became stuck in mud south of Coochimudlo Island. #Those familiar with the area will know were I mean. #Yes you are right...I did not navigate very intelligently. #I was not wearing my boating good luck charm at the time.
Anyway the motor took up a lot of mud and became over heated and started giving up a lot of smoke.
Then it just did not want to go anymore.
I got us into the main channel where the ferries and lots of other vessels pass, put the anker over the side and phoned VMR Victoria Point.
They were very professional in how they handled the situation. #Very polite on the phone and reassuring. #They also arrived quickly to tow us to safety. #They did this all with a non judemental attitude and a smile.
Hey..have to admit it was fun being towed. #I had never been towed in a boat before. #Just like skiing.
Just want to say thank you to everyone who volunteeres there time to be part of VMR. #I understand that you do a lot of trainging to keep your skills up to date and gain new skills.
Thank you for this, its great to know you are there to help us when we need it.
Oh yer....also reassuring to see an Ausfish sticker on the VMR vessel as well.
Cheers to you,
saphire.

Argle
29-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Hope you made a "donation" to help keep this Professional Volunteer service running. ::)
Well done VMR Vicky Point ;D

moreton
29-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Saphire,
Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts in this posting. The area around Vicky Pt is full of obsticles like you found and anyone can get grounded with out much effort at all. I am an active member - duty skipper with Vicky Pt and am proud to be part of such a profecional unit. It is our pleasure to come to the aid of the boating public - thats whats we are there for.
Thanks and Cheers Moreton