PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic Boat Trailers

ynotaj
30-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Just wondering if anyone has an oceanic boat trailer and what their thoughts are on them, you don't seem to here of them as much as redco or dunbier. I'm looking to put a 4.35m hornet on it. I have to make up my mind very soon as I pick up the hornet today ;D.

cheers
Tony

ShaneJ
30-11-2005, 08:56 AM
I have one!
I did have some trouble with the first one I had(it broke on a 6000km trip) but they replaced it and i'm very happy with it now.

Gbanger
30-11-2005, 09:16 AM
i have one, its fairly new, the jockey wheel handle broke off (a pin popped out)

apart from that works a treat.

mark221263
30-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I have one under a 5.8m cruise craft. Its about 2 years old and has been ok. They are at the bottom end of the prices around the place and compete with the redco sportsman trailer being about the same price.

I had lots of trouble getting my boat not running off when coming up the trailer as the cruise crafts have fairly large chine / strake sections. I modified my rear roller carriers and fitted the tappered rollers and it works a treat.

One other item was to fill sith silicone (no acid type) the valley area where they press the cross sections as they form a valley in the top of them where salt water will lye and evevtually rust out.

Appart from this its a great trailer. I did not order this trailer as it was ordered by the boats owner prior to me purchasing the boat. I hindsight I would look closely at the redco if the pricees were still the same.

The pic show the old rear roller set up.

Cheers Mark

mark221263
30-11-2005, 11:09 AM
heres a pic of the trailer